NSX Daimyo feedback.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Jubikus, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Jubikus

The NSX Daimyo is an interesting take on a sniper rifle hybrid. The weapon feels like its designed for close to medium sniping range with a clear focus on headshots and giving the ability to quickly adjust for missed shots or take down multiple enemy in a short time.

The weapon has clear drawbacks meant to keep it a balanced weapon. First you have the low magazine capacity this makes sense to keep someone from just spamming until they get lucky. Second you have the pathetic body shot damage which has to be in place or the weapon would simply be better than your standard CQB bolt action. Now we have 1 more small drawback and its here i have my only issue with the weapon and thats its ammo reserve. The weapon is a headhunter rifle with semi auto flexibility but has this odd punishing feeling for actually using it as such when you just suddenly run out of ammo and as a sniper your the least likely to be in a spot both optimal for use of your weapon and near resupply. Its in this last spot the ammo reserve that i feel the weapon needs a buff just to make its use feel better to use on the battlefield.
  2. DeathSeeker

As I said before on another board these are my inputs on it
    Main niche this thing will bring in:
    You have a headhunter 1 shot semi auto. Not bad, should be a solid competitor for the CQC BASRs.

1. It can 1 HS a non infil to about 180.
    2. The Bullet velocity is a lie. It feels more akin to the archer or a suppressed CQC BASR in speed. What would take 1 mil dot on the LA-80 (same bullet velocity if im not mistaken, it's what I tested it against at range) takes about 2 on Daimyo.
    3. The weight rail mount really should help in CQC strafing, out of 10 (not a big test but still) it got 2-3 more HS at around 30m.
    So yeah, it's a mid range gun. No stopping power or mag size to spray your way out like the SASRs can maybe do and it has not the adeqate bullet speed /drop for use at range, Bolt driver is better there. It's odd, but not bad odd. Though sometimes i wonder if I'm holding a sniper or Scout rifle.
    This gun is just very interesting.
  3. Jubikus

I like it aswell its just weird that it has 30 total rounds when a CQB bolt action has 40 and i think it should probably have roughly the same ammo pool.
  4. Zagareth

Its an uninteresting weapon, as long as its unable to OHSK at 700m - I'd rather use any BA
  5. BoatsFriends

The velocity is a lie. or the drop. Definitely feels like the archer.

It really does need the OHK range upped to 700, but take away the 6x - 12x scopes.

The only reason I would use the weighted rail mount is if I end up in hills or something where anything you stand on isn't flat enough and you just bounce up and down 30 times per second. I'm not even sure if it's technically falling or just moving. Either way it is really annoying.

It would be nice if the 4x scopes took up less room on the screen. Or maybe it's just the gigantic size of the crosshairs/reticles/red dot or whatever you call the semi transparent overlay that is always off by 1 pixel.
  6. Zagareth

Doesnt make sense, because the 4x scope would only show 2 or 3 pixels at 700m... even with a 12x scope it is hard to hit a head beyond 500m

Better we get a NSX Nutcracker