NSOPs was meant to be a perk for members wasn't it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eternaloptimist, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Eternaloptimist

..........well it's unplayable garbage since today's update. Keeps losing ability to function like err, turning, aiming, shooting.

This is a bad joke - just refund me all the certs I've spent on it and I roll my own toon to equip with NS weapons.
  2. TRspy007

This isn't the first bad update and it sure as **** won't be the last, its about time we just accept thats how the devs operate and wait for the next patch.
  3. BorgUK1of9

NS isnt fun to play, hasnt worked properly since release. Just went back to my VS and tried playing cloaker, waste of time getting shot like I wasnt cloaked. Thought they had just fixed this.

Sorry DBG but you are going to lose one loyal subscriber and person who spends money on the game to keep it going. Its been long enough but with server side lag as well its a struggle to turn this on.
    • Up x 3
  4. Gibber

It feels like a missed opportunity. Being faction-neutral opened up a lot of options to enhance gameplay for veteran players as well as rewarding new members. Instead we get to grind out another toon but with more weapon restrictions with less diversity.

With all the bugs put aside; the fact that there's no update on whether anything will get improved or at least something we can look forward to doesn't fill me with a lot of hope that grinding out a NSO character will be worth it in the end.
  5. Scrundle

Actually NSOPs were intended to be the self-levelling cement over the game's cracked and uneven population. They weren't meant to be a main faction, they weren't meant to have anything special about them, they're supposed to be a generic player that fills a hole. And they perform that function fine as it is.

The problem is that people go "Oh look, Robots!" and then want to main them, then they want a special NSOPs MBT and a special NSOPs ESF and a special NSOPs MAX and special NSOPs constructions and special NSOPs weapons and special NSOPs abilities and special NSOPs implants and so on and so forth, completely and utterly missing the point of them in the first place.

By playing your NS character you are actively helping to normalise in-game populations, therefore improving gameplay for everyone else online. That's your reward and your goal.
    • Up x 3
  6. Moggram

I like the NSO be'cos of this. I need to think out side the box to deal with the problem. Its like playing on hard mode.
  7. TR5L4Y3R

having them have a mbt, esf and max equivalent would be just fair

maxes imo need some NS weaponoptions anyway so may as well make a NSO max along with more commonpool weapons other than burster and gorgons ..
    same with esf noseguns (like drake, walker .... maybe kobal equivalent or buldog) and maybe secondaries like pelterpods ...
    their mbt could be a bastardchild of the other 3 mbts statswise without the VS hoverability and add a factionability of temporary increased cannondamage in exchange for increased bulletdrop and/or decreased range/vellocity .. otherwise it has access to all the NS secondary turretoptions the harrasser has which is plenty ...
  8. JibbaJabba

They fixed the spawn beacons. That was my last major bug. The rest I can deal with.

I do miss having a burster max at times. I do miss having an ESF with ejection seat (esp. considering the crappy state of the spawn system).

That said, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Its fun to hop on, never a queue, fight the tougher underpopped fights and shout quotes from Chappy in the prox chat.
  9. Eternaloptimist

Yes, fair point and one that I recognise. I phrased my post badly (out of mounting frustration and the need to unload). I was getting at the point that only members get to run a robot, as if it some kind of member benefit. If so, it is self-defeating.

But, as other have replied, it is time for me to stop moaning now and just wait for updates so I'll just carry on playing NSOP as, even with the bugs, it is a refreshing new challenge for me to be levelling a toon from scratch and learning the new playstyles needed for using NS weapons exclusively.
  10. DarkStarAnubis

Problem is, with ES weapons you can always find the right weapon for any engagement.

NS weapons are slightly more precise but deal less damage so you are confined to a single form of gameplay, based on keeping distance, avoid 1vs1 unless you can engage first, avoid CQC and entering rooms, move a lot: I am speaking about using NS-15M2, Naginata, NS-11C, NS-11A.

I know everyone will say "Oh well, all you need is head-shot and off you go." but that is true for ANY weapon and there are many ES weapons which are as precise or better (Pulsar C, Cougar, Orion, Anchor, MSW-R, T-32, T5-AMC, Razor, Lynx, ...) and on top they deal a substantial amount of damage.

I wish I could have something a little bit more CQC-esque (not counting the Tengu) or more long-range focused (not counting the Yumi), not asking to design new weapons (too much time and effort), but maybe by adding some adapter to existing weapons to change the damage model and/or RPM and/or ... that could do.