NSO patch, too soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Liewec123

I was surprised to see that the NSO patch is going live TODAY
    some of the things only got added to test server yesterday
    (and without patch notes so very few people have tested them)
    Like the new defector weapons, one of which is "lock-on homing grenades"
    which are absolutely and ridiculously OP against air.

Then there is other stuff which really should have changed before live
    Like the 200 dmg automatic "scout rifle" which is basically just gauss saw for infiltrators...

Plus it'd be nice to have given us atleast a week warning so we can waste all of our outfit stuff,
    I have a solofit on my NSO with 3 colossus tanks and about 30 javelins stored up.
    And now I won't be able to use them on my next game night.

Feels very rushed out!
    • Up x 5
  2. Bonemiser

I feel bad for the lads that were grinding out aurax weapons and now they only have a one DAY notice (as of this post: a few hours, lol. Good luck...). Barely a week if you count the last news cycle. Lost Forever content is a real bummer.
    • Up x 3
  3. JustGotSuspended

I was surprised at how fast the update was pushed live. I personally haven't tested it out yet on the PTS, but so far I've heard a few worrying things from friends who have.

Primary concern which I'm hoping they've addressed is apparently the new mbt cannon crashes your PC if you fire or die to it. Prolly not gonna be using the tank, but it'd be sick if my pc didn't bluescreen every time I get HESHed.

Directive weapons I heard weren't even available for trial, so not really sure how they'll perform. Apparently the battle rifle is a bit OP, especially since all classes but LA and MAX have access to it.

I'm also unsure what happened to NSO outfits and if anything was made to keep them? If not I can assume that's going to be pretty sad.

Also weird is the fact that they announced this update not long ago, said there'd be plenty of time to grind the current directives before they remove them....only to speedrun the update barely a month later. I mean yeah, granted you can do most directives in under a week. But still not really cool for the dudes who thought they could take their time.

I don't really care for the 1hk NSO max nade to esfs, which tbh - deserve an op counter. But I heard they added an even more powerful long range AI nade which is pretty depressing considering the current ones already 2hk and shred MAXes.

Idk if feels a bit rushed, not sure what to expect. Hopefully it doesn't break the game for a week like DX11. I guess for after updates like these, as long as the game's still somewhat running it's a win in my book. But I can't hide the fact I'm a bit sceptic and disappointed.

There surely hasn't been enough time to address the discussions about the new tools and the update overall that were brought up by the devs! Was there even a community coordinated test? Honestly I'd be quite surprised if anything good came out of this.

Even the Betelgeuse buff feels a bit rushed and somewhat silly. All directive weapons need a redo and they could've done them all properly in a future update after this one. Feels like they want to cram as much stuff as possible as quick as possible without addressing the feedback on quite serious issues.

Not sure if this is very sustainable. :(
  4. JustGotSuspended

for real dude. The auraxium slasher, the 'His Regards", the recruiter tank weapons bundle....all these really cool weapons that seemingly no one has because for some reason someone decided they must be made impossible to get. It would be nice if they added specific directives, or even just dumped all these weapons into the A7 blackmarket so that more people can have a shot at unlocking them.

I seriously don't see what the devs gain from making some items just impossible to get. All it does is frustrate players who will never get them.
    • Up x 3
  5. PS2Veteran187

just have to add a few things

1. this update is going to destroy the harrasser and the Valkyrie

"We've removed rumble seat repairs to create clearer, more predictable vehicle balance"
    sorry but this is the worst joke i have ever heared in my live

that sonds more like:
    "We've removed rumble seat repairs destroing two vehicles just because the new tank would be op with engeneers repairing it from the rumble seat"

the Valkyrie gets at least some kind of compensation but the harrasser not why?
    the harrasser is a hit and run vehicle it needs that repair option against tanks or it loses survive ability by a lot!!!!!!
    it was ballanced as it was, but now have fun fighting against MBTs especially the prowler
    (you may ask why the prowler, well because of his weaponsdesignn, main ability(to increace reload speed) and insanely high movement speed)

if you realy feel the need to remove the rumble seat repair give the harrasser at least more hp or a higer top speed

2. nso ftp player have no access to merits and war assets.
    if you let it as is, the nso faction would still be behind a PAYWALL just because you have abilities that are normal to all other factions for members only and it doesn't even make sence to do that.

nso ftp player have no access to

Bastion
    Colossus tank
    Orbital strike war asset
    Steel Rain
    Citadel Sheald
    Anvils
    Facility Modules
    All tectical options

3. all the scopes that are coming (exept the 2x blue because you can see through it and it is not as bright) are just compleate garbage.

those scopes are limeting the visabilety, making the weapons harder to use.The dots are soo big they are covering the head compleatly at 20m (1x AND 2x scopes) and 3.4x at 40m (all at fov=74)
    (normal scopes 1x at 30m, 2x at 40m, 3.4x at 50m (all at fov=74))
    same with the endever weapons and the Diamondback scopes and also the Punisher SE standard scope. These scopes are so bad because the other scopes the older once have a tiny point (some with a glow arround). The new scopes have no glow and the dot is as big or eaven biger than the glow of the old scopes covering way more of the enemy than the old scopes. In addition those new scopes are extreamly bright making it harder to aim at targets in the dark.

So please patch those scopes!!!!!
    Just a reminder we want to see where we are aiming not a island of a red dot!!!!!!
  6. UberNoob1337101

Rushing out unfinished content on PTS a day before uploading it on live? Testing right before launch? Color me surprised.
    • Up x 2
  7. JustGotSuspended

we have 10 new VR trainings now!
  8. Cyropaedia

Connery is bleeding population.

I wonder if they rushed the NSO patch to avoid dealing with the complicated issue of a merger.