NSO Javelin "Nest Launcher"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Liewec123

so i know that i have the other thread about how NSO are baaaaad
    and there doesn't seem to be any logical reason to play them,
    but today with the help of double XP weekend i finished grinding 1000 certs
    and decided to get Nest Launcher for Javelin,

i'd tried it in VR awhile back and it felt underwhelming, but thought hey,
    Buzzard felt underwhelming too and i have fun with that sometimes!

so i have Nest Launcher now!
    and...
    i've spent the past HOUR dying repeatedly in the determination that i'd get a kill, JUST ONE,
    one kill was all i needed and then i could stop using it, but that kill never came,

this thing is bad, its so bad that i feel sorry for the word "bad" being associated with it,
    this thing is BEYOND BAD, the damage is terrible,
    the missiles are slow and almost always miss when they try to home,
    and then you need to sit through a colossal EIGHT SECOND reload.
    the reserve ammo is also really small, and there is no upgrade for any of it.
    this is without a doubt, THE WORST weapon in the game.
    on the most fragile vehicle (which can't even roadkill)

how can they have a patch touching up NSO things and not do anything to this?!

honestly, candy gun is multitudes more deadly than this thing,
    in my hour of trying to get a kill all i managed to destroy was an abandoned Harasser, and that took 3 volleys.
    (16 seconds of reloading) after that it was clear that getting kills with this thing is impossible.
    it takes over 20 seconds to destroy a harasser, and if that harasser shoots you once? you're dead.

so this is a bit of a PSA
    if you're playing NSO, don't waste your certs on this absolutely useless junk,
    you will NEVER get a kill with it.
  2. Demigan

Maybe Hetegeuse might accept that challenge and aurax it?
    • Up x 2
  3. Liewec123

that'd be one hell of a challenge!
  4. Villainous Hydrosa

I personally enjoy it. I look for enemies that are already engaged in fighting other vehicles, just stay behind them, aim a little higher, and keep your distance.

Also, if you can get airborne(Any incline is a ramp with javelin boost!) and can fire the NEST to intercept an ESF, that's a guaranteed kill if they hit. Full health to wreckage. I think most of my javelin kills are A2G ESFs, actually. XD
  5. Liewec123

i've learnt how to achieve flight, (stay airborne forever and gain altitude so you can reach the skybox),
    but you cant turn, only move left and right along a single axis.
    incase you wanna do it to, you need combat chassis and you need to bosst directly upwards and quickly turn 90 degrees so your side is facing the sky, and then while boosting and holding forwards, strafe in the direction of the sky,
    if you get your angles right you become an aircraft :D
    • Up x 1
  6. Cyropaedia

I don’t have Assasin 5 implant on my NSO character but Assasin 5 (auto spot by causing damage) would probably pair very well with the NEST launcher. It’s a nice hit and run weapon that adds a bit of psychological terror to unsuspecting vehicles. Assasin 5 would make you a scout-spotter in advance of a larger force.
  7. Trebb

How are people hitting things with this? A SUNDERER can outrun the missles. Sprinting infantry probably can as well.

PREDICTION: The 'flying' part of the javelin will be patched years before this weapon is ever fixed! (Remember when one guy unlocked the NSO directive weapon and it was nerfed :p )
    • Up x 1
  8. Liewec123

highly likely!
    the one and only attraction of Javelin is that it is indeed fun to drive around, useless, but fun!
    so yep they'll probably patch that!