[BUG] NSO Infiltrators with Deep Operative?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raap, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Raap

Greetings,

I recently unlocked the Deep Operative implant on my NSO character. I've observed a consistent deviation from my experience as a Deep Operative stalker Infiltrator on my TR character: My NSO character seems to get spotted, constantly, and extremely easily, despite being stationary and crouched, with the deep cloak in effect.

At first I thought it could be a special shader issue with my cosmetic helmet, and then I thought maybe it was my Ancient Psykinetic Blade's particle effects bleeding through the stealth effect. However I've since unequiped both of those, but the issue persists.

I've spoken to several of my killers, and some report "seeing parts of my character like normal", and others reported "I see your cloak as if you're walking".

Something is clearly off, this much is clear to me now. But unfortunately I can only speculate as to what the issue is, so the most likely remaining suspect would be: the Deep Operative implant not working on NSO Infiltrators?
  2. Liewec123

one explanation could simply be that models with a lot of edges are easier to spot,
    for example a VS infiltrator with no cosmetics will have a pretty darn smooth silhouette making them harder to spot,
    the NSOs have waaay more edges, so way more shimmer, making them way easier to spot :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Botji

Yeah pretty sure its this.
    Not using the implant but my NSO infil seems to be spotted more often when simply sitting still somewhere, while my VS/NC/TR characters dont really have this issue unless im in a spot where im easier to spot(background objects).
    • Up x 1
  4. Raap

You know, that is an interesting perspective. Perhaps it is this, or some combination of problems. Either way, there is an inconsistency here; NSO Infiltrator cloaks, especially 'deep cloak stalkers', seem to be far too easily spotted compared to their core faction variants.

I've benched my NSO Infiltrator aspirations for the time being. Hopefully RPG takes a good look into this.