NSO directive weapon kills do not match player stat weapon kills

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ceezel, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Ceezel

When comparing kill stats between the directive progress screen for weapons and player stats screen the count differs.

There is no pattern and the difference varies with directive progress always lower.

Submitted a support request and in turn they responded I should post here.

Please see images as reference.

https://imgur.com/a/a0eNL9u
    • Up x 1
  2. JustGotSuspended

Yup it's a common occurrence not just with NSO. Typically each weapons "kills" deviates a bit from the "kills to next medal" which is used for the directive tree.

The weapons I notice this the most on are launchers. There are times where I have had over 2000+ kills on a launcher and still not have the auraxium medal for it. (If pictures are needed I can provide them).

This has led me to believe that perhaps vehicle kills are counted differently then regular kills. I never really thought of it as a huge issue because asides from launchers I never really noticed a big difference (less than 20 kills) between the 2 stats, at least for the infantry weapons I use. Would be cool to confirm what triggers this though.
  3. Mithril Community Manager

The directive only counts for kills against players on foot or in vehicles capable of shooting, but things like motion spotters, recon darts, ammo packs etc do not count toward the directive. This explains the discrepancy you see between the kill count for the weapon and the kill count for the directive.
    • Up x 1