NS Weapon Color Scheme.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SQPD, Oct 4, 2015.

1. SQPD

This could be an immersive change, but not important, so put it on back burner for now. I think it seems a bit off kilter to see a Vanu decked out in his skin tight leggings toting a brown, cardboard colored NS-11C. Changing color schemes on NS weapons, like is done with NS vehicles would make for an interesting change. Voice your opinions below.
    • Up x 1
  2. SwornJupiter

You can just throw a faction camo on it. Problem solved.
    • Up x 1
  3. SQPD

The problem is that not everyone will throw a faction camo on their NS weapons. What I meant was for the NS weapons to look like their faction specific counterparts based on what faction you're in. TR NS-11Cs get black and white color scheme on the main body and the little TR emblem on the back and little nuances like that to make NS weapons fit in a little better.
  4. SwornJupiter

I don't understand. Faction camos are available to all members of the faction. My NS11C on my Vanu is black and purple, and my NS11A on my TR is red and black. It looks like it belongs only to my faction, despite it being an NS weapon. But I get why they have NS in the first place - to fill in gaps in the arsenals of the three factions and to maintain a little balance.

Slapping on a faction camo does exactly what you're asking for - changing the aesthetic of the weapon to be more ES (when it's really not).
  5. Mythologicus

I actually think one of the best-looking combos in the game is a VS Heavy Assault with composite armour, Esamir snow camo and an NS-15M1 with no camo (prior to camo changes, it was sick with camo on the weapon as well).

VS look strangely awesome with 'less futuristic' weapons in their hands. Though that might just be because the 'futuristic' ones look awful.
  6. SQPD

I don't want only my character to have a faction specific looking NS weapon. What I meant was that I wanted NS weapons to be like NS vehicles. If you're NC, the NS-11C comes stock with yellow and blue. If you're TR, the NS-11C comes stock with red and black. None of this neutral color NS stuff. Vehicles have faction colors so why can't weapons have them?
    • Up x 1
  7. FateJH

The NS Vehicles have faction highlights so they can be identified by sight based on the color scheme, especially when they're equipped with common NS Vehicle Secondaries. The NS Infantry weapons tend to have something more obvious attached to them that identifies what faction owns the weapon - the owner.

Even a TR Punisher used to look like an NC Punisher (used to look like a VS Punisher).
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    But a TR Harasser was painted different from an NC harasser.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    (Note, these Harasser images are of an earlier build of PlanetSide Classic, near around release. Among other differences, in the current game, the Vehicle-mounted gun has been repositioned onto the top of the Vehicle as opposed to the passenger side dashboard.)
  8. SwornJupiter

Is this because you don't want to spend money?? because I seriously don't understand your point. The most aesthetic change you're going to get is by slapping on a faction camo - which does exactly what you're asking for. It changes the color of the gun so that it looks like it belongs to your faction.
    NC already have a NS-11C that's yellow and blue - you just have to put on their version of the abstract camo. It's ALREADY IN THE GAME.

NS is supposed to be the empire-neutral faction.
    • Up x 2