NS LA Best gun ?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by LTHervieux, Dec 8, 2012.

1. LTHervieux

Hello :)

I'm using the merc , but its feel a bit weak,

So what is the best gun for LA ?
    Thank you

And can we equip both a laser and forgrip ? in the same time

PS sorry for my bad english ...
  2. JonboyX

1) Don't worry - NC guns will get a buff in the next patch.

2) The merc is a great all round gun. They really are all sidegrades from what I can see, but you should try out the AC-X11 (High Damage) and also the Mauler shotgun (with slug ammo) - they're both totally different animals from the merc. You can trial both these - so I'd recommend you do before you buy because they're not for everyone.
  3. LTHervieux

oki good to know thank you !!! :)

but can we use foregrip and laser both in same time ? :)
  4. Chiss

All NC Carbines are very bad.

Merc is their best though. All the others are horrible at medium to long range.

Unfortuantely, Merc doesnt have many addons.

If you do want another gun though, get the Gauss Compact S, as it can get an underslung grenade launcher, which is very good. Just be prepared not to hit anything at range.
  5. Harkness

NC carbines are not bad, they are however very specific role wise and not adaptable.

For close range you want a GD-7F with advanced laser sights for hipfire carnage.

For medium range you want a Razor (the new gun) due to it's rather forgiving recoil.

For long range you want the AC-X11 with HV ammo and a compensator, as you can then 3 shot people with headshots.

Honorable mention to the Gauss compact S that is highly versatile attachments wise and can pull off crazy stuff like smoke grenade + night vision scope to murder people.
  6. InducedApathy

The AC-X11 is a great gun. The Mauler I'd stay away from and go with the piston with extended mag and never use slug ammo on the shotty (***** it). Never use slug ammo on any of the shotguns imo.
    • Up x 1
  7. Harkness

The best thing about the AC-X11 is that it does 200 damage per shot, which is the highest of any carbine.

That and the fact that the first 3 shots are bloom free.
  8. wabbitseason

Where do you come up with this nonsense? Seriously. The AC-X11 blooms .07 per shot from an initial CoF of 0 (assuming the first shot is fired while stationary).
  9. Blitzer

GD-7F with laser sights, it's seriously borderline op.
  10. Mjolnir

Lately I have been having a LOT of success with the Mauler with extended mags (pellets, not slugs). You have to be good at using the jetpack to maneuver close to the enemies, but once you get in a group the mauler is DEADLY. Most people in Planetside 2 have very little situational awareness, so you can many people in a group without anyone catching on (sort of like a spy backstabbing in TF2). When you jump above enemies the only target available is usually their head, which is a one hit kill if you are close enough.
  11. Sugarfree

This. Piston is a beast with extended mag :D (the only automatic shotgun for NC). And don't worry: with engis around you'll never go out of rounds.
  12. Kuriby

Yes for CQC, but love to see you hit me with that 50m away. Enjoy slow bursts and a big spread ;). But anyways I do agree GD-7F and just play Biodome, cause atm NC can't hit anything past 50m with carbines. Well, not with any reliability.
  13. Longman

I use the Gauss compact S with underbarrel grenade launcher. these genades well aimed do an instant kill and you have two with you. I even use the grenade launcher in close combat for the blast radius isn't that dangerous to yourself as long as you keep some few meters distance to your victim. Quickly switch to the smoke launcher to cross open terrain or charge up a tank to place some c4 under is but. Some smoke grenades will cover the way and an enemy sunderer in a nice fog too while you c4 it.
    The Gauss compact S is a good multitool with many funny options. 30 round magazine are enought not to have to reload in an 1v1 and the silencer and INVR sight do the rest.
  14. Hashlak

Best gun of LA is the serpent hands down..
  15. Mjolnir

What is the piston's capacity with extended mags? Does it do as much damage as the Mauler, and how does its full auto fire rate compare with the theoretical maximum fire rate of the mauler?
  16. Caracal

AC-X11: Tried it, even certed a few upgrades for it. It was ok, but I would get killed a lot in close range. Mainly because it blooms out very fast, and you dont really want to be bursting in close range... not when your opponent doesnt need to burst. Long/medium range, love it. The thing that puzzles me about this gun is the double forward grip upgrade as the recoil seems to travel vertically.

GD-7F: Current gun, had basic lazer sight and soft point ammo, just upgraded to advanced lazer sights. I definatly notice that this gun will not snipe as well as my previous AC-X11. But, up close... Its a beast. Both handle themselves fine from a roof top, but I keep my gd-7f for when I am going to be going indoors.

Compact-s: have not tried, but i hear it is the worst gun, with the best upgrades. It can get the grenade launcher, smoke grenade launcher, as other goodies that no other carbine can get.
  17. Kuriby

Alright so... over 500+ Kills on my GD-7F.... 500+ kills on my Gauss Compact S... current average K/D 3.80+ with only 12 kills for vechs so I am pure infantry.

From all that experience. The best OVERALL NC Carbine is.....

Your damn default Merc. Seriously.

Get a foregrip on it, and thats it. Everything esle is sidegrades to it.

GD-7F = Best Indoor
    Compact S = Can use a one trick pony (grenade launcher)

But, unless you want to keep playing Biodomes (for GD-F) or Shoot 1 grenade to get a multi kill then die (Compact S), then just use the Merc.

The Merc has the shortest TTK, that is why I am currently using it and find myself increasing my average K/D to 5.0+ per login. You can full auto the damn bugger up to 50m. At 75m you need to burst. At 100m+ just move closer.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApH3DlM1yfRAdDJ5N2VoR3IxbEtTTnRRTE1taFVJdlE&gid=0

Enjoy
  18. VKhaun

People worship this guy's stats sheets like a God lately... but even he says it's meant as raw data without attachments to indicate the need to burst, and all the people who link it then assume NC sucks because they can't read.

If you want to know the best gun for LA, decide how you use the carbine first. I personally like to hip fire, so regardless of what the stats say on that sheet there's only ONE CARBINE that has soft point and the 200 cert advanced laser sight, and the NC one works just as identically well the VS one because they fall very nicely into line when you look at the whole picture rather than just the stats on a naked gun firing full auto.

If you like to get on high points and zap people from medium range, the selection with High Velocity and silencers is also narrow. (High Velocity is for damage falloff at range, ignore the conflicting projectile speed effects, they don't usuall matter at carbine ranges)

If you like to run around using the sights, there is one specific one which runs faster with the sights up.

and so on.
  19. InducedApathy

All of the good auto shottys are 10 shots per mag with the extended mag cert. Pandora/as16/piston. Pandora gets 30 shots as16 is 36 etc. Slug ammo gives you some range but it decreases velocity and isn't suited to hip fire in my experience. I also haven't gotten any multi kills with bunched up enemies using it (no splash it seems). Two to four rounds on a couple of guys bunched up they will both die instantly.
  20. Hitomo

[IMG]

Headshots at 120m ... deadly at close range if you can aim fast ... learn to use the pistol for extreme close range ... have fun ;)