[Suggestion] NS BA Sniper Rifle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gemenai, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Gemenai

Long story short, we have many NS weapons and in my opinion, they are neither UP nor OP.
    They´re holding the middle ground in their respective weapon category.
    Unfortunatly the Vandal isn´t a (BA) sniper rifle ( as i thought as i first heard of it) it is a scout rifle.
    ( I like the vandal anyway.)
    So i suggest the implementation of a NS-BA-Sniper-Rifle. Not because we need one, but i think it would be nice to have. ( And because i would like to have a NC sound alike BA for my VS character :p )

Damage: between T1 and T2 BA rifles, slightly lower than T2 or middle ground
    Chamber time : Somewhere between the T2 chamber time of the 3 empires, middle ground (or maybe even slightly longer than T2, not sure on this one)
    Muzzle velocity: slightly faster than T2 ( lesser damage , but easier to lead)
    Magazine: 4/44 or 5/45
    Hip accuracy: same as T2 variants (or minor better)
    Aim accuracy: same as T2 variants ( or minor better)
    Fire mode: bolt action
    ADS: 0.75

So what do you think abut it?
    Nice idea and worth a look, or are you against any new NS weapons?
    Tell me you ideas and/or concerns about this.

Edit: Maybe the model of this BA could use something like the reload animation of the NS-7 PDW.
  2. death to vanu

I don't use NS weapons that much, but i like the idea. The only thing i would change is to swap the muzzle velocity and the damage, so basically higher damage at a slower speed.
  3. Gemenai

But wouldn´t that go against NS style, having lower killing power in exchange for higher accuracy and versatility?
    Thought that´s the NS trait ( and 0.75 ads of course ;D ).
  4. =ADK= Turrican13

NS weapons are ruining the game.
    Whats next?
    NS tanks?
  5. InoxGecko

Umm...:rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  6. Gemenai

In which way are they ruining it?
    Because at least at my server i barely see infantry use them. From time to time yes but they are not the dominant weapon type on the field.
    An exception would be the NS-11p. This one i saw rather often in the last time. But i think it´s due to the fact it´s for free and everyone loves "new" shiny things.

NS tank =>Lightning
    MBT => can be half NS, if not equipped with a EPS secondary
    :p
  7. DatVanuMan

I like it. I actually used to think of a NS sniper rifle a long time ago. I actually asked everyone in my WG who would like one, and nearly everyone said,"No chance!" And then the infiltrator update was created. Sure, it wasn't a sniper rifle, but we will have one soon! Plus, will it headshot and kill enemies?
    • Up x 1
  8. Gemenai

Yes HS should kill.
    Not sure if it should only be able to HS kill up to 200m or maybe a little further ( because of NS magic :confused: )
    My inner infiltrator would scream for even further :D
  9. Epicstrat

All bolt action rifles besides the special ones, like Railjack, are basically identical reskins of the same gun. They all have the same stats and might as well be NS.
    • Up x 1
  10. Gemenai

Right. Maybe i was just dizzy, mixed some thoughts of BA and semi-auto rifles.
    Nonetheless the here presented NS BA Rifle could still be a variant between T1 and T2 BA rifles, by being more accurate due to higher muzzle velocity while sacrificing slightly damage.

( Just give me a BA with a sexy bolt and sound for my VS char :( )
  11. GaBeRock

Pretty much all the sniper rifles are identical anyways, excluding the ESSRs, this wouldn't change much.
  12. Kalivix

If its like the vandal NO! that thing needs a damn nerf... works as a sniper 0.75 speed ADS I believe, and great hip fire, this guns lets a inf easily beat a heavy in a fire fight
  13. Gemenai

In a direct fight? And the HA looses? Bad HA.
    The hipfire has max better value of 10% and the weapon has 3 rounds more /mag.
    The ADS factor is 0.75 right but that doesn´t make you invulnerable.
    Beside it pays those benefits by longer reload and less muzzle velocity in comparison to it´s ES variants.
    As every NS weapon does have draw backs.
  14. Kalivix

It might not be as easy to use at long range but up close its very capable of killing anybody, hell i'd love to have that gun on my HA even without a scope to snipe with it.
  15. =ADK= Turrican13

Exactly.
    Just pick one lomg range weapon useable by all classes.
    for the NC let it be the Warden.