Ns Archer for start????

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Ximi, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Azawarau

I go for something similar

Archer and Desperado

Anti tank mines to set but then run back to change to C 4 or use C 4 depending on the kind of situation i might be in

AI turret so i have a better form of AI to support the team with or Spotbot if ill be busy healing another max or sniping

Sticky grenades because every engie should have these

Regen implant
  2. Chubby Monkey

A solid build. Quick point however. With maxed Utility Pouch you have access to five AV mines. I trade out the Utility Pouch for max Flak Armor as the targets I am engaging with the Archer usually sling stuff that blows up my way. Another personal preference is that I like the "beeper gun". While it blows canal water in regards to actual DPS, it is a great warning system while I am focusing on targets at range. Wish it could be redeployed like the other two turrets however. But that is a post for another thread.
  3. OldMaster80

What are you engaging with an Archer if not a Max? o_o
    Because shooting vehicles with that is basically a waste of time. Yes it disturbs... but the dps is ridicolous. You could deal more damage with the stock rocket launcher..
  4. Chubby Monkey

I shoot at vehicles, infantry, aircraft, enemy Engineer turrets, fixed turrets or any other thing that catches my eye. Oh yes, and those big biomechanical suit guys... Not everything is about dealing damage. And everyone has their own preferences. I am curious though, what faction are you playing to get a default rocket launcher in the Engineer class? /sarcasm off
  5. OldMaster80

I'm just saying that if you have to deal with vehicles the archer is not a good 1st choice. It's a weapon for support heroes which means you can damage many targets but you don't kill so much. It's nice but definitely not exactly a rewarding weapon. A little bit like the Skyguard. Even if I must admitt catching a Max out in the open field feels great :p
  6. chuck105

The black hand is ok. But the magazine and reload speed has discouraged me from continuing to use the ns revolvers. The manticore is plenty effective even at moderate range, isn't all that powerful, but is very spammable and won't get you caught with your pants down so often. Your better bet is to use either the AI or AV turrets at range, and only using your pistol for self defense. But that's just my take, since I often pull this kit in infantry fights in Biolabs for ex, because Maxes are likely to show up.
  7. LaughingDead

Personally, I like the commisioner or underboss as a sidearm to the archer. If you can headshot well, and a guy is charging you with the knowledge that you have an archer, that's usually enough for them to underestimate you and die to your sidearm. For everything else, it's great at HARRASSING tanks and other armor, maxes simply take cover, enough pings into a MBT and they are forced to take cover in a BIG fight. There is no way you are going to kill tanks without some support or other anti tank options, but again, chipping a tank down is great for supporting allies that are trying to ping it with rockets, every little bit of damage is good. For ESFs it takes 6 shots to kill, you are basically doing 1/5 of their health per shot, ESF pilots REALLY value their health if they're smart, if you get good at sniping ESFs, thats one extra constant annoyment factor for air. Against the really big stuff like libs and gals, you might as well just ignore them if you have other targets. The archer usually makes it so that you always have something to do, as an engie, that's pretty powerful even if it's not the best damage, its damage.
  8. chuck105

If your aim isn't great, these weapons will be too unforgiving. The BH in particular is often a 3 shot kill, and you have 4 shots. The archer has like a 2 second rechamber time, missing hurts. I would go with the emissary, it's easy to use, even if the dps isn't as good, it's accurate and has no recoil. I love the archer, but recently I've had difficulty killing maxes with it. Either I miss shots because I'm taking fire, or the max dies before I can shoot him. It's fun though, simply for the challenge of not using a primary. If you're good with a sidearm and your turret, and or you like staying back and supporting, the loss of a carbine isn't so bad.