NS-AM7 Archer: The Cheese Shredder

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mustarde, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Mustarde

Montage featuring the new Archer. Primarily used for anti-MAX work, it also is useful against ESF's which are a 6 hit kill. Very situational but a lot of fun to use, the Archer requires a sniper mindset without the cloak or anti-infantry capability. I paired with the spiker and blackhand, depending on which ranges I was fighting at.

Artist: Twenty One Pilots
    Song: HeavyDirtySoul

I hope you enjoy!
    • Up x 8
  2. Nintyuk

While I watched the video on mute the entire thing was pretty cool.
    • Up x 2
  3. FieldMarshall

Wish they would give this to HAs. They are the ones with a MAX kill directive afterall.
    • Up x 1
  4. Shatteredstar

Bring the deci or annihilate..the dumb fire one. That and an. AV grenade during a max crash will net you like 4-5 kills. Otherwise use rockets and works just as well as archer for the range HA SHOULD be engaging stuff in.
  5. Distortedcolor

That was pretty cool, the archer looks fun but I'm not sure I want to invest 1,000 certs into it.
  6. Killuminati C

Great video. Minus the ability to cloak an Archer video seemed tailor made for your playstyle.
  7. HappyStuffin

Good God that music. I couldn't turn the video off fast enough.
    • Up x 2
  8. ferlinco

archer rock XD
  9. HomicideJack

Works pretty good against lightnings, too.
  10. stalkish

• Up x 3
  11. Jubikus

Heavys have enough things to kill maxes leave the situational support weapons to the support only other class i would like to see this on is Medic.
  12. Moonheart

MAX users are going to cry a lot, I think.
  13. Kcalehc

Quite enjoy the Archer myself too.

Often have to hang back a bit in infantry fights, but plucking MAX's out of the crowd is quite satisfying. Getting a few good hits on an ESF is enough to scare them off too usually.

Pair mine with the Desperado, to give me some close range ability; and Tank mines for extra MAX killing power.
  14. Asageh

the MAX kill directive isn't the tough one of the bunch, it's the Air and AV nade directives that's a pain in the ****.
  15. H4YW1R3

Yeah, I hit the mute pretty quick after it started. Then I just closed the tab to exit the youtube vid just because I knew it was playing.
    • Up x 2
  16. Mustarde

Can't please everyone with the music... this time around I actually had a lot of likes regarding the song choice - but no worries, just hit mute :)
  17. Nintyuk

You pretty much have my load-out. The only thing I juggle is the turret as sometimes I want full AV with the Rocket turret and sometimes I want the watch my back/helpme in close range auto-turret.

As for ESF's although it never deters me I find pinging esf's with the archer just makes me their primary target. Just like whenever you pull a skyguard you suddenly find your self being focus fired by every enemy esf or lib within site.