NS-AM7 Archer Design flaw

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by IvanGr0zny, Jun 20, 2015.

1. IvanGr0zny

Actually there is no problem with the new weapon "NS-AM7 Archer" it's nice, devastates MAX units and I love it
    But there is a small problem that bothers me alot.

The "straight pull bolt" upgrade doesn't have any sense.

The animation on the weapon without the upgrade = Guy pulls bolt straight and that's all.
    The animation on the weapon after the upgrade = Guy pulls bolt straight and that's all.

The guy should only pull the bolt straight if you have the "straight pull bolt" upgrade, if not, the guy should pull the bolt up and then pull it towards him.

I know it's no big deal and no one cares but it would be really nice and give the game a more "realistic" feel if the animation is fixed.

Btw I know it's really hard for the developers to change the design of the weapon and everything after it's already released so please don't hate me. Keep up the great work developers and I appreciate your commitment to the game.
  2. Skiptrace

That's always been a thing...

Look at the Bolt Driver's animation. It's a straight pull no matter the attatchment. Though, there is no part of the actual bolt that would hit you in the face to force you to get out of your scope. So, there's no reason for the attatchment to exist in the first place. The "logical" reason the "Straight Pull Bolt" exists is because it makes it so that the end of the bolt does not hit you in the face. But, when none of the Bolt is actually showing... It's pretty damn useless....
  3. xSalt

It's kind of like running around wielding the worlds largest revolver, with a built in scope, yet it only holds four rounds. I mean there are derringers that hold more than that. Weapon design isn't necessarily accurate or logical. I mean look at the reload animation on the commissioner. It splits the chamber in half, forcing you to, theoretically, take twice the time to reload. But it's ok, because it's in the future and it looks cool.
    Personally, the little bits of flair, like bolt pull and reload animations can show an explosion of daisies every time I slam home a new mag for all I care. Just give me an accurate and true, centered crosshair!