~ NS-AM7 Archer 3 Minute Sandwich Review ~

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by belthazor3457, Jun 18, 2015.

1. belthazor3457

A review of the AM7 Sandwich (Anti-Material Rifle).

For being a sandwich, the AM7 thinks it's worth an awful lot more than it really is. It charges hundreds of dollars and a portion of your soul, even though it tastes fairly bland. You're better off going to another local sandwich shop
    (and, you know, not selling your soul to the devil).

It offers strange portions of food. Tiny amounts of lettuce, a tiny strip of ham for meat, and the bread is stale - for the high asking price, you may be better off with the various AV and AM sandwiches offered by PlanetWay.

What? Not what you were expecting?

Do you want a cookie?
    • Up x 10
  2. BrbImAFK

Yup. Pretty much what I was expecting.

I'll say it again. It's kinda OK as is - but ONLY if it takes the turret slot!
    • Up x 1
  3. Sumguy420

so anyone who likes this weapon is a pedo?
    • Up x 1
  4. teks

Av max comes at my tank. I get out and shoot him.
    an esf comes pestering my tank with his rotary. I get out and shoot him.
    Yeah. Its a great freaking gun.
  5. IamDH

Van Gogh? Is that you?

Good vid btw
  6. Haquim

Meh, its all true, but I still like it.

It is the only weapon I have to get rid of Raven MAXes somewhat efficiently. Tank projectiles fly too slow and can't hit the strafing ******, good luck with rockets at 200m and "normal" sniper rifles get easily ourepaired.

.... guess that shows more how much I dislike the Ravens than anything else.

EDIT: VS of course don't need the AMR for that - they have the darned Lancer, which, to my absolute delight, is still horribly unapreciated.
  7. Epicstrat

I know an entire class of infantry that would be happy to get access to this gun even in its current state. They even have an ability that sacrifices their primary weapon for a small advantage, so a lot of them are used to relying on pistol and buggy knife combat!
    • Up x 1
  8. CapEnTrade

Or you could forgo the risk and shoot him with the tank like an intelligible player.
  9. toast2250

Its a opportunistic weapon among other weapons that are simply priced at 1000 Certs.

You always ask yourself, what items are worthy, best bang for the buck and time?
    - Some camo, MSWR, TMG50 and Rams50 + other faction equivalent weapons,.. sure, would consider it.

No sane person is going to buy anything else whether its the majority or the minority. My guess would be that many people probably don't buy any weapons at all with money, since the time you get to use this exotic weapon is quite low, unless your a try hard or going for directives.

Expensive but nice to have when the need/opportunity arises. I have bought it with certs like the rest of the weapons.
  10. teks

I don't think I'm alone in this.
  11. Rogueghost

Sacrificing small children to our Dark Lord Higby is not pedophilia.
    • Up x 1
  12. Den

It's effective at scaring off MAXes and Fighters, not for anything else. Surprisingly I'm finding it to be a very useful as an anti-air deterrent, especially being able to hit fighters at a good distance before they even get to begin a flyby and sweep up some infantry before anyone can lock on to it.
    It's easy enough to lead shots on an ESF and taking off a ~12-15% chunk out of them with one shot. That so far has appeared to really get them to take more caution. It's actually threatening enough to deter a pilot and not just be a "deterrent" like current AA Heavies and Bursters who are lucky to get one missile / a bit of flak in before it flies around the nearest hill. It's like I'm playing Duck Hunt against ESFs.

When I picked the Archer up, the first idea that popped into my head is that this weapon gives me great incentive to take the AI Turret to make up for the loss of infantry-killing power. My Archer loadout has both the AI Turret and a good old pistol, gear I otherwise would not bother with when I have the AV/revolver. Though the Archer won't match the damage output of well guided AV Missiles, it allows me to stay on the move and attack immediately, even if it is mere chip damage. It trades raw effectiveness for being very low risk and more capable of seizing many more yet smaller opportunities.

Given its overall lack of effectiveness (especially the significant loss of anti-infantry power), I'd love to have it in the Secondary or ACE Ability Slot. However such a position might deprecate the use of the ACE Tool and pistols (like the revolver already deprecates most pistols) further. If it were a Secondary or ACE Ability slot, it may end up taking that slot in all of my Engineer loadouts if only because it would then not have nearly as huge a tradeoff that losing the carbine creates.

I'm not sure if moving it to another slot would be the right thing for it, or if it should just get a buff to stand next to the other primaries. Maybe it should just stay as is until everyone's gotten a feel for it, usage stats have become more seasoned, to see if it becomes a hardly used novelty or actually has a worthwhile niche.
  13. Navron

I didn't realize you posted this on the forum so I'll just copy my Youtube comment here:

14. RykerStruvian

You're not. Tank projectiles, even AP, are slow when hitting MAXs down range. And down range means near/beyond render distance. Perfect example are those fights at NS abandoned offices and theres vortex/raven MAXs/ AV turrets up on the ridge shooting at vehicles down below. Good luck hitting any of them from afar with a tank or getting close enough.
  15. Navron

No kidding. Tanks shells from render range are easy to avoid as Infantry.
  16. eldarfalcongravtank

i really enjoy the Archer even with all its quirks. that being said, they should consider giving it to the Infiltrator as well. now that people could test the AMR thoroughly nobody would dare to say the AMR was overpowered on a cloaked guy.
  17. FieldMarshall

The AV turret already fills the Archer's role. Except better because you dont give up your primary and you can take out tanks.

Move the archer to the turret slot.
  18. Stormsinger

Vhat's that sandvich? keel 'zem all? Good idea!

[IMG]
  19. \m/SLAYER\m/

well, at least i see more Engineers around, i was sniping on the hill, and almost run out of ammo, but then an engi joined me :)
  20. belthazor3457

And hitler. And stalin. And lindsey lohan.