[Suggestion] NS-606 "Salvo"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by eldarfalcongravtank, Jul 23, 2014.

1. eldarfalcongravtank

[IMG]

The NS-606 Salvo is Nanite System's newest weapon creation of a slow-firing light machine-gun designed primarily for squad support and suppressive fire duty. Its ability to provide prolonged sustained fire without compromising on accuracy and effectiveness in the field makes it a valuable choice among soldiers on Auraxis.

- firerate: 580rpm
    - damage model: 143dmg @ 10m, 125dmg @ 65m
    - magazine size: 100 rounds / 200 rounds with extended magazine
    - ammo pool: 300 rounds / 200 rounds with extended magazine
    - short reload: 4.65s
    - long reload: 5.7s
    - ads speed multiplier: 0.75x
    - bullet velocity: 595 m/s
    - first-shot recoil multiplier: 2.25x

(basically, its stats are inferior to the NS-15M in every way except for magazine capacity)
  2. cruczi

That description seems very much like it was written by SOE. There's a certain.. should I say, irrelevance in it.

I don't want another NS weapon, empires need to be more different from each other. Apart from that... why would anyone use a 580/143 weapon? That's the lowest DPS of any LMG in the game by far.
    • Up x 1
  3. DatVanuMan

It sounds pretty bad... I'd say buff the RoF to 632, and make the reload speed .5 seconds shorter.
  4. eldarfalcongravtank

that's the point. it needs to give up DPS for high accuracy and large magazine capacity. after all, you get an entire 200 rounds in one magazine with extended ones

that said, the NS-15M isn't too far off in terms of DPS as well, since it only has a firerate of 625rpm. still, many people like to use it as it is one of the most accurate lmgs ingame
  5. cruczi

NC and TR already have a 652/143 weapon with 200 round ext mags (EM1 and Rhino). EM6 is also 200 rounds per mag, but with the 600/167, making it even better. VS have a 150 round Flare with 577/167, also preferable over 580/143 with 200 rounds per mag.
    The 625/143 NS-15M is easily better than the 580/143 weapon you're suggesting, as the super fast reload speed makes up for the smaller magazine.