[Suggestion] NS-15M1 should be an exceptional weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterFancyPants, Oct 30, 2014.

1. MasterFancyPants

It's description says that it's a collector's item.
  2. Tommyp2006

3. Cransoon

Part of me agrees, but then what happens with the LMG directives? I just got my Betelgeuse tonight, and the NS-15M1 is one of my auraxium weapons. I doubt it'd work to take that away, or to give me a free aurxium for exceptional (as awesome as that would be).
  4. Leftconsin

I'm working on my 5th aurax LMG and the NS-15M is one of my four.
    Please no do until I have the Butcher.
  5. FieldMarshall

I agree.
    If possible, make it count both Exceptional and LMG directives at the same time.

Understandable that people may be close to 5/5 their LMG directive with it.
    But then again, its been upgraded to a genuinely unobtainable "exceptional" weapon now.

NS15M1, assume your rightful throne in the Exceptional directive.
  6. WUNDER8AR

This
    I have the Eridani gold thingy and I was going to Aurax it for the SMG directive only to find out that it only counts for exceptional which was quite upsetting to say the least. Seriously I'm not going to get myself the same gun again and again and aurax it again and again. The exceptional tree is giant farce.
    • Up x 2
  7. Goretzu

Is there actually a difference between the NS15M1 & NS15M2? Cosmetic, performance, whatever?
  8. Lection

you know i laughed my *** off when i saw the "new" NS-15M2, because all they did was make a tan one, a black(er?) one, and a gold one. So much for thinking they wouldn't be lazy and actually make a new weapon.:rolleyes:
  9. Pelojian

The NS-15M was bugged with the black skin it was meant to be by default Tan, the reason they changed it and made it so you can't buy the original NS-15M black skin is so it wouldn't be a competitor to the $20 something dollar new black variant.

They kept the bugged black ones in for current owners to prevent whining about loosing the black skin. I don't think the original NS-15M should be a directive weapon it's premise is different then say the AE weapons, when the AE weapons come available it's pretty clear ahead of time that they are limited time purchase like all other exceptional weapons.

The change came quickly and unexpectedly, it's been bugged for ages then rather then fixing them all they did was merely copy it and remove the original from 'the shelves'.
  10. Flamberge

collectible =/= good. See collectible firearms in real life, especially old muskets and hand cannons.
    • Up x 1
  11. Rogueghost

Then it will fit in just fine with all the other exclusive weapons.
  12. capcomfin

Agreed, it definetly should be expectional weapon since you can not buy it anywhere anymore.. or what was reasoning to bring out same gun with everything same? there wouldnt have been any point on that. so im on that you must make it an expectional weapon.
  13. MajiinBuu

I've seen people with the NS-15M1, but I have no idea where or how they got it. Was it a gift from a promotion or something?
  14. RykerStruvian

No, just an NS weapon you could buy.
  15. Pelojian

the NS-15M was bugged for a long time part of the model was black where it should have been tan. they renamed it to NS-15M1 then cloned it and made the NS-15M2 and fixed the M2's skin so it was by default tan. then they removed your ability to buy the NS-15M1 for certs or SC and let those that already owned the NS-15M1 keep it.

It's not an exceptional weapon. it's a weapon that was made exclusive because SOE didn't want ot have to deal with the whine of players that got their black skin NS-15m properly fixed.
  16. RykerStruvian

I bought the NS-15M though and it doesn't show up on my other characters. Is it supposed to?
  17. FateJH

Only if you purchase it with SC.