NS-15M Weapon Review, (Accurate Run and Gun Support)

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Wrel, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Wrel Developer

Sacrificing rate of fire for...
    • Fastest Reload
    • (2nd) Fastest Bullet Velocity
    • Tightest Hipfire Cone of Fire
    • Extreme Accuracy
    ...worth it?

Let me know what you think.
    • Up x 6
  2. DeadliestMoon

Have you given thought to getting your channel partnered, sponsored, and selling merchandise?
  3. Amundsenkalmah

Just got Purple medal for it a few days ago...
    At the first 700-800 kills i was running with Comp, grip and HV ammo.
    Then i wanted to try the suppressor and Soft point ammo and oh god i fall in love with this weapon more.
    Its awesome for flanking and the suppressor affects COF only a little (i fell like that).
    Totally worth it, more worth with SC (3 guns for 700 :)), if you are NC it feels different and more controllable, for vs its a good change (bullets :p), and for TR i dont know haha.
    As always i love your reviews and channel overall Wrel, good job, keep working hard and always do the things you like to.

PS: I suggested a loadout with this gun on Drathamus fan picked Friday challenge, if you guys want to see this gun from other point of view please upvote my comment :D
  4. Elsewhere

I generally like the NS weapons, particularly the A, as it is very accurate and precise, I feel very comfortable using them, but, I cant seem to shake the feeling that a lot of times when I die while using this due to its low DPS, I would have lived if I was using a 698/750 rpm weapon like the Carv/S or MSW-R instead.

A quick question for the community, how much of the content of this review would apply to the T-32 Bull. It usually gets written off as being crap due to its 652/143 damage profile, but its recoil statistics, FSRM and general "feel" seem similar.
  5. FieldMarshall

I love this weapon. I feel that there are more upsides than downsides.

I run with a grip, soft point and the IRNV. That may be strange to some people (grip with SP and IRNV?), but i almost always ADS even up close, unless im cought off guard.
    If enemies are within 0-10m i try to hipfire, but the hipfire on it is decent anyway, so i dont really feel that it needs the laser.
    But i guess it depends on your playstyle.

The ADS movement speed combined with accuracy and the IRNV makes quick work of everything within IRNV range in spite of the low ROF i feel, because of headshots are so easy on it.

The reload on it is also really nice.
    I have a personal prefrence towards reload speed over mag size, so that also part of why i like it.
    Im also mostly TR and our weapons usually have slower reloads and larger mag sizes, so this is perfect.
    Soft point is also really nice on this, because the bullet velocity is really good on it anyway.

All in all. I think this weapon is really good for my style of play which is close range combat with a focus on ADS.
  6. Jaedrik

Dat accuracy is so worth at range.
    Nice review, Wrel, you talked about most perspectives imaginable.
  7. SquattingPig

It's another gun where you're forced to go for headshots in order to stay competitive which may take lots of getting used to.
  8. hansgrosse

Ah, but it enables those headshots so well!

I like the NS-15 a lot. It's the scalpel of the LMG class; not the best weapon if you prefer to brute-force things, but it's incredibly refined and absolutely lethal if you bother to aim for the jugular.

I also really, really love its tight hipfire with a laser sight attached. Makes you much more survivable when up close and personal with your enemy.
    • Up x 1
  9. Casterbridge

I enjoy the gun but haven't used it much, need to start breaking it out a bit more often.
  10. oumajgad

Thanks Wrel!
    I bought this weapon after watching your vid and I love every piece of it.
  11. Cromell

For a long time I was really against that weapon. Being a cross between MSW-R and T16 Rhino, I felt that having those two is plenty already. But now that I'm at much higher rank and I don't feel pressed for certs (my infantry classes are outfitted the way I want, etc) I started unlocking guns. GUNS, GUNS, GUNS. Since I always liked the aesthetics of NS weaponry, I finally got my hands on NS15M, and found myself very surprised.

This gun is a beast. It feels good, it's very accurate and controllable and combines the agility of MSW-R with perfect handling of Rhino. I dare say that had it any more damage per bullet, it would be freakin' overpowered. Certs well spent.
  12. Jogido

I haven't used the T32, but there should most likely be other strengths to the weapon to balance the damage output....like the NS15m
  13. DrunkenDoughnuts

Haven't been playing much HA lately, but this vid made me pretty interested in checking out this gun. Also need to go watch some of your other videos for some helpful advice. Thanks!
  14. ghostwalkn

This gun is like 2 guns in one. Two entirely different loadouts for closer or longer ranges. Looks like a modern AK74
  15. Nakar

There are. The T32 has the best moving ADS available to LMGs (shared with the NS-15M and a few others like the GD-22S), very gentle recoil, good attachments, and escaped the hipfire nerf. The main issue is it gets a slight bit more DPS on the NS-15M but trades away the ADS movement speed and reload speed (it takes almost a full second longer for the T32 to reload 5 extra bullets over the NS-15M, hardly worth it).