NS-11A or Cyclone

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by ProfNoodles, Aug 29, 2015.

1. ProfNoodles

I occasionally play medic for my outfit(along with my infiltrator), so the question is should I buy the NS-11A AR or get the cyclone instead.

I can see the NS-11A advantage being longer range, but the cyclone is use-able on 5 classes while the AR isn't.
  2. Archard

I'd go with the Cyclone personally.

The default Gauss Rifle handles mid-long range like a champ, and both Infiltrator and NC Heavy could use a close range primary. Plus it can be an excuse to avoid spending certs on any close range weapons. If you haven't already anyway.
    • Up x 2
  3. Xellon

As a main Medic, I'd second Archad's Post.
    If close-range-engagments are totally up your alley and you haven't bought CQC-Weapons for Heavy, Infil, Engi, ect. yet, you'll get the most out of your 1000 Certs by buying into the Cyclone for sure. However, if you're more a mid/long range-ish person, it might be the better option to go for the NS-11A. Make sure to hit the VR and/or Test-Unlock the Weapons to try them in a serious combat situation.
    Also, here are two Weapon Reviews by Wrel, watch them, it might give you a clearer Idea of what these weapons are about and if one of those fits you:

4. Casterbridge

Kind of two extremes here, cyclone can be used on any class and is a CQC monster of an SMG, but NC only.

NS-11a, if purchased with cash, is medic only, but can be used on any faction (though not if purchased with certs), it's also a medium range weapon.

You just have to decide what fits what you want better, they are both great guns within their giving role.
  5. ProfNoodles

I went with the Cyclone for the purpose that I get the most bang out of my buck(SC here), and the fact my outfit runs a lot of CQC stuff making it more ideal.
  6. Skiptrace

I'd say, Cyclone First, NS-11A is just out-classed by all of the other NC AR's. the Carnage and GR-22 are both CQC and Mid-range monsters. And if you need longer range stopping power, the Tross is your best bet. After you get the Cyclone, get the GR-22 or the Carnage-AR next, both are great CQC/Mid Range rifles, the GR-22 shines better in CQC with it's 800 ROF (Crazy awesome for an NC gun) whereas the Carnage-AR has better all-round statistics, and is my go-to gun for CQC and Mid Range, mainly because the GR-22 got a cert price hike from 250, to 625 (which is insane, I want my cheaper Cert guns back DB!)
  7. Vurvu

The Cyclone is disappointing the further away from the truth you happen to want it to be in.

It's for Infiltrators with Stalking Cloaks or for classes where nobody is discriminating of your nasal hair.
  8. TombsClawtooth

If you're running an NC medic without a tross or reaper DMR, you're doing something severely wrong. To decide between them, decide between controllability or raw DPS. The tross is the more controllable option and the reaper has much better DPS.

While other stuff has its place, those 2 weapons are the meat and potatoes of a competent NC medic. If they're not ideal for your situation, bring a shotgun.
  9. TheFlamingLemon

I recommend the NS-11A, it's great at a range and can still be deadly close up if you're skilled.
  10. cobaltlightning

I'd have to agree with everyone and pic the cyclone, however it's better used on a class that can get in and get out quickly. At best, with extended mags, you can kill 3 targets with the magazine while avoiding your extremely punishing long reload.

Wrel's video above with the Blitz and Cyclone is good, but here's a more recent one that just focuses on the Cyclone:

The NS-11A is only availalbe for your medic, but I feel it has the extra versatility that the faction lacks. The Gauss Rifle outperforms it in some respects, but the NS-11A I feel can have a bit of a longer reach, and can even counter-snipe with the right attachments.