NS-11A from a TR point of view

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Azloki, Nov 26, 2012.

1. irishroy

and yes, everybody lives in the US..........

;)

but if you know smbd. over there, just make him buy a card and give you the number :D
    it works^^
  2. ScorpDK

A must-have weapon for those who need an accurate and precise weapon that allows most normal attachments and can deal with the "no underslung weaponry" limitation.
    Wish the other classes would get a NS variant for their mainguns as well.
  3. Polarity

Well the reason I mentioned it was GameStops in the US that were having the promotion was in case he wasn't located here in the US. That way he wouldn't end up wasting his time looking for something that isn't available in his area. So, I'm not really sure what the point of your post?
  4. Liquid23

I don't miss the underbarrel weapon options... I mean the underbarrel shotgun just sucks flat out and the GL is so buggy everytime I pull the trigger I feel more like I'm pulling the arm on a slot machine
  5. Spiffmeister

The NA-11A seems to be a strong choice no matter what faction you're on (probably why all factions get it).

Underbarrel weapons are for nubs.
  6. Daswen

It seems like UB GL isn't bugged anymore. It doesnt re-charge on engineer's ammo-pack everytime, but now it hit and damage, even if you direct shot.

Anyway, every medic should go for NS11-A, best gun all around.
  7. irishroy

sry, polarity :)
    i thought you would think like: ah, i can get the promo, so he can, too
    ^^
  8. Paulus

sounds like a worthy replacement for my old CQC option, the TRV. After the patch, even with the highest level laser dot the hip fire spread is so huge , being stood infront of it is probably the safest place to be. ADS is still ok, but thats not really how CQC fights tend to be.
  9. ChironV

Slap a compensator on this puppy and you get such tight groupings at medium range you think you have a sniper rifle. Optionally, remove the compensator, slap a suppressor on it with soft point ammo and a laser rail and have a nice accurate from the hip gun for short medium range.
    All around a nice gun for a medic.
  10. Swordlord

My only question: If the NS-11A is best in CQC/Medium range fights, why use High Velocity ammo that is meant for longer ranges? Doesn't Soft Point ammo make more sense due to it's increased damage at medium ranges? The 2x scope and either the Forward Grip or Laser Sight (choice dependent on play style) make sense.
  11. kruldar

There's min and max damage on every bullet. Max damage occurs when the target is closer to the bullet. With high velocity ammo, the minimum distance for maximum damage is increased, i.e. you hit harder from slightly further away in CQC.

Soft point increases damage but has a smaller minimum distance for maximum damage and the dropoff (not damage, bullet heigh dropoff) at range is worse.

How close are you to the target? A few meters away? Soft point. 20-30 (I think)? High-velocity. Down a hallway? You might have to lead shots or experience severe dropoff with the softpoint. High-velocity you can cover all ranges well.

EDIT: at least that's how it was explained to me.
  12. kruldar

Also I like the T1S with UB GL for CQC better. I can get multikills before I have to reload with that. With the NS-11 it's usually one kill, time to reload. I switch between the two rifles depending on what I'm doing.
  13. Sugarfree

nope sorry, yesterday night I have tested it and it kills sometimes instantly but way too many the explosion doesn't even affect the enemy.
  14. Gorox7

This gun is versatile. You CAN use it for sniping if you want to. You may not be as powerful as Infiltrators, but it is possible.
    Forward Grip is not really useful. This gun has really low vertical recoil.
  15. Swordlord

I agree totally that the gun is versatile. Absolutely!
    My question was regarding the use of HV ammo for CQC/Medium range fights instead of SP ammo -- the range where SP purportedly excels. Almost all of my CM action takes place at short to medium range, so I use SP, and it seems to work somewhat better than stock ammo. I'm simply pondering the logic of higher velocity vs greater damage at that range. I certainly can see using HV for medium to long range targets.
    I also tend to equip the laser sight for the same reason I use SP -- when the immediate need to shoot in CQC often demands hip fire rather than DSA.
    And if I'm not mistaken, the Forward Grip is to reduce horizontal as opposed to vertical recoil. The Compensator mitigates vertical travel.
  16. Gorox7

Forward Grip - my mistake, English is not my native language, I always mess this up.
    Also, now as I noticed, the HV ammo does not make a lot of sense.
  17. Cookiepiledriver

Glad to know it's worth it for TR. For only 250 certs, the VS get a gun with equivalent accuracy, the same damage and a much faster RoF. The only downside is the smaller magazine (30) and reload.I sure hope they don't nerf the HV-4
  18. BuzWeaverPS2

The unlock for me (Station Cash Card) as an NC is the NS11-Platinum.
  19. Liquid23

they are all the same... the NS-11A is a common pool weapon which means it is available to all 3 factions... the NS-11A and the NS-11A Platinum are exactly the same except for a difference color... the Platinum is the free promotional one where as the normal NS-11A is the version you can buy for certs or Station cash...
  20. BuzWeaverPS2

Thanks, although playing as an NC there were different scopes than the standard NC selection.