Now that the IV scope is getting nerfed...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goden, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Goden

Now that the IV scope is getting nerfed and will actually have some downsides, how about re-adding the ability to see cloakers with it? With the new nerfs there is ZERO reason to use this scope now as the activation delay will be a huge no-no in firefights when you need to react on the fly. I suggest re-adding the ability to spot cloakers with it so it actually has a use. There is currently no counter to a cloaker besides running the game on low settings so they are easier to see (less shadow clutter, etc). It's about time we had a counter to infiltrators running around with SMG's. Snipers need not worry as they are already out of range for the IV scope.

If not that, then something else to counter them. Footprints along the ground or something?
    • Up x 3
  2. Phrygen

you can already see cloakers on low settings.

so no.

for a scope to see cloakers, they would have to actually be invisible otherwise.
  3. Goden

Then fix that bug and actually add a proper counter?

You don't balance the game around things that shouldn't be there in the first place.
    • Up x 4
  4. Krayus_Korianis

Infrared reads body heat... Do infiltrators not produce body heat at all when they cloak? I call shenanigans.
    • Up x 4
  5. Phrygen

nanites
  6. Goden

I miss the old profanity filter.

Mother nanites!
    • Up x 1
  7. Hoki

dude if it has weapon sway you won't be using it anyways, so don't worry about it

the weapons guys literally have no idea what they're doing.

they put a bunch of bad ideas on a dart board and throw darts at it.

After they applied weapon sway to 6x scopes on battle rifles, I bet they didn't even track or analyze usage deltas.

After this change the probably won't track usage deltas. They just do ****, then move on to doing more ****.
    • Up x 10
  8. Goden

It wouldn't be so bad if the IV actually had an advantage now.

It doesn't.

Scope sway and activation-delay makes this scope useless when you pull up to your eyes when you really need to rely on it. Adding something like the ability to see cloakers will give people a reason to keep it on their guns if they can accept the downsides. This is how the IV worked before but this feature was removed because it had no downsides.

Well now it does. So re-add it.
  9. Hoki

They could make it see through time and give infinite ammo, doesn't matter. Weapon sway.
  10. LT_Latency

Bad idea IMO.

As the cloaked players have no way of telling who can see them and who can't. It would basically remove the cloak ablility because you would have to assume that all players can now see you
  11. Cl1mh4224rd

The added sway is pretty minor. If you're tracking, which most of will be when the scope's active, you probably won't even notice the sway.
  12. Krayus_Korianis

They should watch their backs then in facilities... But they don't now, so add it.
  13. Goden

The only people would see cloakers are those who want to accept the new downsides of the IV scope. (Which wouldn't be many, trust me). Also last I checked the cloak wasn't supposed to be a complete get-away-free-card at the push of a button. It is right now because it has no legit counter but it should not be this way. Seriously. Just watch where you're going when cloaked and it won't be a problem. They're infiltrators - they're not supposed to try and sneak through the front lines because they're going to get shot. (Or they should, rather).

This BS of SMG cloakers running onto rooms cloaked and killing everyone inside before we can even crap our pants has to STOP. I don't even care if IV needs a price hike. Something as powerful as invisibility needs a counter.
    • Up x 1
  14. LT_Latency

It not just backs, There is no point to the cloak ability. if 1/2 the people in an army can see you and you can't tell which ones.

I don't think removing a main class ability is a good idea at this point just because some people are upset their 100 cert scope got nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  15. Cl1mh4224rd

I have a question for those in this thread complaining about the upcoming changes to HS/NV scopes: Have you actually tried it out on the Test Server?
    • Up x 1
  16. Krayus_Korianis

Fun fact, I hate cloakers... In PS2 and in SWG when it was going... I hated them then, I hate them now. It's a crutch.
  17. Goden

Um not even that many people use the IV in its current state. It's not very popular.

Removing class ability?

You must play Cloaker and feel threatened by this proposition because you are exaggerating massively right now.
    • Up x 1
  18. LT_Latency

It only takes one person to see them and your done that person shoots everyone knows what is up.

There are not invisible people are just horrible. I knife people all day long with my infiltrator this is with a full destealth right beside them which makes a huge noise. Almost no one even reacts to they sound the just stand there waiting to die because they are not paying attention.

You can use the motion trackers which will display you because of movement

You can hear them and see them as it is. If they were actual invisible I would agree that this is needed but they aren't
  19. Krayus_Korianis

And yet, where does the heat go? It's not because nanites either. You're just threatened by this. So get off your high horse.
  20. LT_Latency

How about instead we make it so people using this scope ignore the heavy shield ability and the bullets go right threw it??