now that the anti terrans are gone

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Haquim

I hate it when numbers get thrown around so much I can't see how the result came to be.

It is 800 rpm
    It is 167 dmg (in 10m)
    The target is a vanguard? Rear armor resistance is 30%, type resistance is 43%, the tank got 4k HP
    800/60 * 167 * (1-0,3) * (1-0,43) = 888,44 DPS, TTK = 4,50s, shield TTK= 6,75s
    Your first number was a lot closer.

For any other MBT the type resistance is 41%, rear armor and hp are the same.
    800/60 * 167 * (1-0,3) * (1-0,41) = 919,61 DPS, TTK = 4,35s

Those are approximated values, mainly because no tank will take damage from half a hit, no matter what mathematics say, and the fact that the tank will start burning and taking damage on its own.
    These effects are negligible and not worth the effort to minimize.
  2. MahouFairy

A tank doesn't even have to hit you. Bullet drop isn't an excuse. I learnt to estimate the range and adjust my trajectory accordingly. It's easier to do that with the chevrons on a tank zoom optics than with a sniper's scope. Most AV engagements tank place relatively within close proximity, so being untouchable by tank shells as you claimed is really out of the question anyway.
  3. Kociboss

0.75 lmg when?