now that the anti terrans are gone

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Spankay

The other day, I was using a Striker to chase off ESF from a bio lab when a NC MAX made a run for it, I killed that NC MAX with a single rocket from the Striker, I was so dumbfounded by this, it was the most unbelievable thing I've done in 2 years of playing PS2. I stood there for like 10 seconds not really sure if it was for real.
  2. ColonelChingles

From data mining the PS2 wiki by looking at archived pages, the original Striker around PU06 looked like this:

500 direct damage, 500 indirect damage.
    It also had a magazine size of 5, instead of the 6 we have today.
    The Striker was classified as "Medium Ordnance" back then, which meant that ESFs had a 15% resistance to them. ESFs had 100% resistance to all indirect splash damage.
    I believe (though am not 100% sure) that ESFs back then still had 3,000 HP as well.

So each shot of the Striker would have done 425 damage to the ESF. 5 hits would have done 2,125 damage, meaning that the ESF would have 875 HP left. You would need a little more than two more rockets (practically two since the burn would take away what little was left) to destroy the ESF.
    • Up x 3
  3. Haquim

I don't see any facts, just some claims that he delivers no evidence of being right.
    I showed you a couple sources ilustrating pretty accurate why the striker annihilated everything - I have yet to see a video where 2 of them do that as you claim they could.
    And no I can't enlighten you, because you keep switching the light off.
  4. Compeer

Nerf Harraser Vulcan....that is one OP damn gun ....no other anti vehicle weapon kills sundys that fast!

Today my fully armoured and deployed sundy with deploy shield got owned twice in under 5 secs from full health by a vulcan harasser...

Plus the banshee doesnt seem bad at all....Infact if its so bad why is just about every single mossy that attacks me or my buddys rolling a banshee....hmmm if its so damn bad why arent you all using another weapon?? hmmmmmmmmmmm???

Now about this for your striker. we will allow you to lock on to ground and air...but now you have to stand there like a muppet with out being able to fire,move reload or even see whats going on around you until your rocket hits..you can of course always hit e before your rocket hits but that will cause it to miss most of the time.

So for that trade off us NC want the phoenix to now lock on to enemy air. Deal? Cause at the moment we can only use it for anti vehicle....and only if we have a hill to hide behind..basically you have your launcher..ooh a tank....run you need a shield to use your phoenix....

so NC have a rocket launcher i love..its my favourite launcher..I mean its just plain fun...but i get killed about 1/5 shots due to..well standing their like a muppet.

You cry and cry nerf..they hate me...they hate me cause im tr....Well they hate nc cause they gave us tanks that are almost useless versus infantry and Esf that that are flying bricks.....LARGE bricks....

You got BALANCED. Like the rest of us did.

And once again...if striker is so damn bad why are TR using it ALL the time? Cant go to a single tr fight with out red missile spam coming your sundys way...

See what this tells me is this is personal preference, you dont like the changes but people who didnt get the weapons in god mode still enjoy them. you just cant because you were spoilt by the devs for the longest time.

Maybe the conspiracy is infact that NC gets INSTI-NERFED but VS and TR dont.

How about dem potatoes?
  5. Demigan

Well, why don't you start with giving the facts? You say that he's wrong, but at least he tells us how it was (and if you read ColonelChingles above or in my quote below, you can see that Badname was actually right:
    So now it's your turn. You have done nothing to really prove your point except for show a video and a GIF where the teamwork was definitely OP (a similar team of Phoenix's or Lancers wouldn't have been able to destroy tanks, Liberators or ESF that fast or that easily). Badname has stated some stuff, ColonelChingles did some research and mostly confirmed what he said.

Please, show us all the facts that we are missing, I want an as clear picture as possible to judge, but right now your standpoint is rather shaky and all arrows point the exact opposite direction.
  6. Haquim

Neat. The Colonels post wasn't even there when I started writing my last reply.

Yeah his data seems solid, and he is usually a very reliable source. Since the only data sources I can find have those neat bars for depicting damage and other stats instead of numbers I can't really argue against that. The first numbers I can find are around PU2 where it deals 335 damage, which is pretty much what I remember.
    Either way, two strikers kill an ESF outright which I never said that it did not, although I'm still surprised it should deal so much damage, because it sure didn't seem like that when I used it.

I also see no reason to go back on my statement that you and your collegues still did not post a single shred of evidence OR facts. You simply hide behind the Colonels work who actually DID.
  7. Badname707

You can pick up your ball and go home. The striker was still blatantly OP.
  8. AlterEgo

Sure.
    After you rebuff the Lasher, the PPA, the Saron, the old Magrider, and...

And...

O, I don't DARE say her name!
  9. Demigan

We stated facts that we thought didn't need to be supported with numbers for evidence. We were there, others were there, and everyone always complained about how OP the things were in that timeframe.
    You basically did the same, although you didn't even state your point besides that neither Badname or me was telling the truth. I find that hypocritical, especially when Badnames statements are confirmed and our memories of how it was are proven true.

If I was to support every single one of my comments with numbers, I wouldn't ever stop having to do research. I would rather state what's true, and if someone else challenges it I'll ask him to join me in the research to prove who's right. In the end it's usually not the guy asking for the proof who does the searching, but either me or someone like ColonelChingles here who finds the truth while the one being against just sits there and ignores most of that proof, starts a diversion or starts insulting and degrading the one's providing proof to make it look less credible.
  10. Demigan

Lady ZOE, blessed with speed her mighty MAX cannons may be.
    Pray for her favor, so that your speed may be OP
    Give her an offering, so that your damage increase may be too small to matter
    Amen
  11. stalkish

Malorn

[Apologies if some1 already answered that]
    • Up x 1
  12. Gutseen

Wat? Scatmaxes are OP in mid cqc (instagib), and with slugs its just outright supidity being insta killed with 5 nanoweave and full NMG from 20-26 meters.
    The only thing a TR max could do if he sees a scatmax is run cuz the only thing that can postpone ur death is a 2x pounder combo, but u need to sink in about 3 reloads to kill the damned thing.

90% of TR guns are useless, we supposed to have the most accurate low recoil fastfire turbo rounds, but i ain't see'n any of that.
    so as HA has options of stock T9 CARV, and MSW-R with f. grip, but still NS-15 with ease outperforms them in most cases.
    TR max is only viable under heavy support and has very lackluster weapons
    prowler is VERY skill based, no skill = 0% chance againts any MBT.
    mossy is a paper plane with all weapons matching its name "mosquito", cuz the damage is so low u must fly in squadrons to do any damage
  13. asmodraxus

Didn't the pre nerf striker due to the de facto creation of a no fly zone over the TR get the mossie nerfed as an indirect consequence as the other 2 ESF's strangely were under performing?

If you want to un-nerf the banshee back to its ungodly power then the Airhammer and the LPPA would need to be buffed to compensate, faster firing LPPA (LMG style of speed), maybe increase the pellet count on the Airhammer so it could instagib at 100m level of buffness?

Then there's the other empires sucky weapons / utilities

Lasher (consistently the worst of the heavy weapons)
    ZoE (rarer then rocking horse excrement
    Harasser / Mag PPA (even SOE accept they went OTT with the nerfs and now they are trying to do something about it)
    Failshift
    TRAP
    VS sidearms other than the Spiker/ Commissioner and Underbos (ok so two out of three are NS but still superior to the default)
  14. Ballto21

Just gonna drop some vulcan math versus the rear of an mbt
    MBT rear damage reduction=30%
    Vulcan-H: 167 damage. 30% 167=50.1 167-50.1=116.9*90=10521 DPM 800/60=13.33*116,9=1558.277 DPS

Saron HRB-H: 30% 250=75 250-75=175*6=1050 DPM 300/60=5*175=875 DPS. If you want accuracy its only 175 DPS.

Enforcer ML65-H: 30% 450=135 450-135=315*8=2520 DPM 60/60=1*315=315 DPS.

Most harasser engagements happen within 100 meters. Even at your lowest damage model at 95 meters (on the harasser, 200 on the Prowler) thats 1166.375 DPS. Higher than both the ES AV harasser guns.

Your COF stays static through all of its firing, and within 60-70 meters still encompasses MBT rear while looking at them. The Enforcer also stays static, but suffers from ROF. The Sarons, does not stay static, and suffers from a firing delay over a range of about 40 meters to maintain accuracy.

if you miss 50% of your shots on a vulcan its not that big of a deal. You still have 45 shots, 5260.5 MBT rear damage, to work with.
    Missing 3 rounds on the Saron means you have 525 damage remaining.

missing 50% of the shots from a enforcer=1260 damage remaining.

Twice the DPS of a saron, almost 5 times that of an enforcer, tentimes the damage per magazine of a saron, four times that of an enforcer. unbalanced.
    • Up x 1
  15. FateJH

I don't think you're applying the damage calculation formulas correctly.
    You probably need to re-do the Enforcer and Saron math.

Edit: also:
    • Up x 1
  16. Ballto21

>Higher magazine sizes on every gun in every field, usually ten more in carbines, smgs, and assault rifles.
    >Free burst pistol. And yes, free makes it better
    >Vulcans.
    >Prowlers have twice the DPS if your aim is not complete ****.
    >Prowler Ubercharge deploy mode (drawback is you are an air target)
    >MAXes turned into a better AA turret than a base AA turret with lockdown/2x bursters
    >Fastest ROF starters
    >MCG is best ESHA according to stats and math which everyone on the tr seems to hate or otherwise have failed on these forums
    >Mossie is best dogfighting ESF as it is more agile (scythes only hover and airbrake better) and are smallest face on and top down frames. Arguably, they are the same as the scythe as scythes are flat and wide compared to slim and long.
  17. Gutseen

for what? shooting the air?
    does any 1 uses it at all?
    vanguard high speed anti tank round that set prowls burning after the 2nd shot?
    so its not a tank, but some kind of "katusha"?
    standing still in an open area... situational as cat balls
    were TR, remember? it supposed to be our "special" trait
    useless without rapid fire module, and usless againts anything beyond 10 meter range, within 10 meter range it cant compete with shotguns or smgs
    so i see that top TR use it only for lolpod infantry raids....

But what am i sayn? ur an infiltrator that never seen a zerg of enemys and maxes rushing ur cap point while u hold position against 3-5 guys in a doorway
    • Up x 2
  18. MahouFairy

The Striker wasn't just "nerfed". The devs didn't consider it a nerf BTW.

At least the old Striker, whether boring or not, actually worked. I could @#$%ing engage enemy air and tanks with it. I would stand on top of a tower and with a squad of HA and ammo packs, function as a SAM site, providing some area of denial.

The new Striker? It's a self defense weapon that you use as a last resort, like a pistol. To be frank, I have gotten kills with it, no doubt. How do I do it? Stand on a landing pad that is getting LOLpodded and offer myself as a live bait. When a greedy idiotic NC or VS comes diving at me, I surprise him with 6 mini rockets, hoping I'll kill it. Most of the time, this "self defense weapon" doesn't guarantee your survival, or a kill. What's the point of this contraption?

If "boring" is a valid excuse to destroy a weapon under the pretense of making it "interesting", may I request that the NC or TR rifles shoot something else instead? Like the TR get a goo gun and the NC get water guns. All they ever fire are bullets, which by your logic, is BORING.
  19. FateJH

Actually, Lock Down comes with Burster de-buffs. Off the top of my head, I know the cone of fire is not the normal for that weapon. There's another, I believe, but I can't remember specifically.
    We have to have our faction trait sometimes.

Admittedly, chronic reloading is going to kill us all one day.
    Repeater is life. Repeater is love.
  20. MahouFairy

Anti A2G farmer, yes I'll agree. However, it will cost your own life and cost the ESF a mere punch in their face. I don't think they'll care about that because they would have killed you already.

The Striker was "OH ****" only if the pilot was stupid enough to linger there for the HA to slowly obtain a lock and then fire all 5 rockets and then let the HA slowly maintain the lock. The bonus damage is only a mere compensation to the time it took to get all 5 rockets into the air.