[Suggestion] Now that Cloaking is generic across the different settings...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Korfax124, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Wizlawz

when i first saw the cells camo i thought that would be like a "cloak".

didn't realize then it was an ability {or whatever}

would it be too much if let's say they removed the cloak and incorporated it into cells armor?...i guess the idea in my head is as a cells armor it would then work more as it should than on it's own? {i know i am going way out here and have no clue as to what i speak of}
  2. Taemien

It doesn't fail at both. Players fail at using Concealment because they try to use it as Invisibility, Period.

If you can't sneak up on someone without using Cloak. You can't do it with Cloak. All Cloak does for you is break up your form so you are harder to hit at range. NOTHING more. It MIGHT give you an enhanced hiding spot to unattentive players. But chances are, you could have hid in the same spot without it.

That's all it was intended for. If they intended for it to be invisibility (which is what hides you from sight, NOT concealment). Then they never would have bothered with the shimmer effect. Pressing F would de-render your model. Cloak fading would re-render your model.

It NEVER worked like that. EVER. It will NEVER work like that. It is Concealment, NOT invisibility.

This isn't World of Warcraft where you magically disappear from sight. Players like me, with trained eyes to detect movement, will always spot you and kill you. Stay out of our line of sight. Meaning use PHYSICAL objects to BLOCK both sight and hostile fire. THAT is how you sneak up on players. Cloak only works on inattentive derps when you cloak into their line of sight.
    • Up x 1
  3. Wizlawz

/THIS

exactly where i am coming from.