Now I know why internet people seem to like cats so much.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Nov 21, 2013.

1. bodmans

this... sadly. I really don't care about my deaths, unless it has been the same FRIGGIN guy OVER and OVER again with a PA shotty(or a random scrub locking onto me from the sideline of a dogfight)!
    I'm very glad that I'm in outfits where this is non-existant
  2. treeHamster

HAHAHAHAHA. I would sooo grief lots of players with this.
  3. SinerAthin

Follow in the example of Tribe's Ascend ;)
  4. Kunavi

What? Wow. I mean... That's great, no one's ever following me. I'm not being sarcastic, if you manage to get people to follow you like that then well done! Come to think of it though I prefer that they stay back, with all the TKing going on just to steal a Kill or blow a Generator. I certainly don't like them giving me a false sense that out of 10 people SOMEONE'S BOUND TO BE COVERING THE OTHER 9. It's never happened, never will. You sure you want all these people to come out for a stroll with you?

Besides.. I imagine that the same way I decide I'll step out of a Shield on my own and play the way I want, do what I want, head in any direction for no reason, others just want to stay in. It's allowed, it's legitimate and it's very tempting to pad your KD firing through the Shields- The VS on Woodman tend to stay right in front of them for their own strange reasons, it's too hard to resist that temptation. Not to mention, even if all of us jumped out we'd still get wiped sooner or later, we're usually 1:4 if not worse. Incentives, they don't have enough. Give us better and more Spawn Room designs and exits and it might happen, it might even stop those in firing at those standing out.
  5. Hoki

spam darts = herd cats
  6. Morpholine

To be honest, how much I like a cat depends entirely upon how it's prepared.
  7. Littleman

And not a single player on the opposing team did anything remotely intelligent to negate that tactical advantage. I've seen where the arrival of a single tank somehow turned the tide of a battle. Little things. A lot of it blind luck.
  8. lilleAllan

Leaders need charisma, so maybe that's your problem?

See: Poonanners. I'd follow that guy into hell itself.
  9. uhlan

Sometimes all it takes is someone to do the jobs no one else wants to do. To lead by example.

Yadda, yadda, yadda... trite, but true.

I don't have the patience to lead, heck, I barely have the patience to suggest. Some people out there are really good at it.

When I participate in a battle and it's going the way of every other battle, where people funnel out of the spawn and get farmed by air over and over again, I'll grab a max suit and fight back. Some will join me as they start to see an alternative to constant death.

Sometimes I'll run to a point as if I know what I'm doing and many times folks will follow instead of standing in the spawn.

Then there are times when the defenders are outmatched and it serves no purpose to run to the point and I might suggest that we farm from the spawn. Some may say this is a cardinal sin, but in circumstances like that I say it's better to grab a few certs off the backs of the impatient offence. Then to bug out to defend the next point.

Getting people to reach even slightly out of their comfort zone is super hard. Occassionally, the stars align and when you lead by example the rout turns to a stout defence or you can grab victory from you know where.

When people begin to feel a little success, it can go a long way.

Leading by bit*hing all the time or whining never works. I've even seen some of these idiots TK people because they don't follow orders or stay in the spawn even though they've been told to get out....

...most of those folks either can't fight out of a wet paper bag, or are better off soloing anyway.

Even a little praise goes a long way or a thank you. It works in the real world and it works here as well.

In short, don't be an internet turd and if you run across one... remember his name and avoid them in the future.

Outfits can be a liability, but GOOD outfits are complete gems and so are nearly impossible to join.
  10. Ash87

You have to get a group of people together and start slowly breaking down the bad habits.

If you are asking because you are trying to do this with a group of people I can direct you to a few people who can help :) (The people who helped me mostly)

I am trying to organize, a few more organized portions of my own outfit now. The thing is, if you are going to get a group who does things in PS2 in a way that gets crap done, you have a Lot of bad habits to break, and a Lot of bad experiences to get through.

Once you do though, the results are amazing.