Notice the post count for infil

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Fishpoke, May 17, 2018.

1. Fishpoke

Compared to other classes. Heavy is not the #1, the cloaking sniper class is... why? Twitch gameplay. Being a sniper gives you a slower gameplay pace, having the ability to become invisible is just icing on the cake. Snipers get to engage from a range you can't really fight back effectively from, and then if you are a decent shot they can just invis and move anyways.

You play a sniper when you aren't interested in playing Respawnside 2.

Remove cloaking from snipers, give them jetpacks instead.
  2. Doc Jim

Have you really thought this suggestion through?
    I would accept that trade in a heartbeat.
    There would be so many, many salty tears. Enough to fill an ocean.
    • Up x 1
  3. That_One_Kane_Guy

Top Tip: Using silly reasons to justify an argument opens the doors to shenanigans you probably would have rather been left shut.

The high post count exists because in the Before Times this class was broken and stuck with ineffective weapons and an ability that was counterable with your .ini file. The players complained and now we have a class that is competitive with the others. By contrast not a small amount of posts in the HA forum are bad players complaining about overshield so I guess we should nix that too.

(Also making a post like this and then questioning the high post count is ironic and hilarious)
    • Up x 2
  4. infilallday

Funny seeing people say we are invisible. I switched to LA after playing Infil for some time.
    You can see them cloaked from miles away. The only reason i see flashlight being useful is for spotting crouched and still infils. Thats it.

The cloak is very visible.

Also i cant help but wonder if you believe we should be forced into 1v1 head on situations with classes that far outshine us in this regard.

If you are being sniped constantly then look at your game play. There are players that make headshots alomost impossible for us with the way they move. Yes thats right, headshots. We need headshots from those distances. A very small target indeed.
    We have the most posts because as a community we know we are disadvantaged and people will often come here for help.

And please yes give us jet packs...
    • Up x 2
  5. Ragnarock

I don't feel like infils are that powerful really. Their stealth gimmick is annoying but not perfect. It has flaws.
  6. Reedre

Meh, the only thing ridiculous but fun about infil is probably CQC bolt action sniping. The instant head shot damage from the SAS-R GHOST TSAR-42 is ridiculously satisfying to watch infantry drop like flies in their own domain. In a game where bullet drop and muzzle velocity are taken into account; its hard to honestly say that a longer range based sniper is ever going to be overpowered when pit against players that dont stand still like distracted monkeys whenever they do something other than move. //But I mean if y you're down I'll gladly keep my BA and take the Heavy Assault's abilities. That way I can survive other snipers headshots 90% of the time for like 800 certs
  7. Demigan

Yes, all those people who suddenly realize how much more useful cloak is compared to a jetpack. Being able to get anywhere as a sniper is barely useful compared to getting somewhere undetected or escaping. A good sniping spot isnt high or hard to reach, its the spot where you can get a few good shots off and move on before someone sneaks up on you or countersnipes you.

Give all LA access to sniper rifles and battle rifles and weep at how fast they get blown apart by the Infils now that they spend more time scoped and make easier targets.
  8. Inzababa

Did someone mention ....

INFILTRATORS? !!!!!:!
  9. ALTRego

Have no idea what your getting at OP. Have no intention of stopping the cloak. Been here since early PS1 and cloaking. And none of you know cloak as well as you think you do.:(