Nosound Driver

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RelaxedZealot, Jan 24, 2020.

1. RelaxedZealot

So I recently decided to get back into Planetside 2 and this time bring a couple of friends with me. We were all stoked that the game would just be a simple free to play game with no monetary purchases needed for us to get in and start slaying together.

However.. once I installed it everything seemed to be working fine EXCEPT the sound. The entire games sound just is NOT working. I have tried.. Switching the output devices available which there are only two options in the Audio menu listed as "Default Driver" and "Nosound Driver" as well as messing with all options within. - I even wen't further and messed with the Voice section output and inputs and all options within as well(strange because in the voice menu I actually have options for my drivers and it reads my voice (the green voice visual lights up and moves when queue'd) and everything seems to work fine in that menu but because the GAME sound wont play at all it does not play anything back.. I looked on google and some links directed me to this forum and it had suggested that I deleted some files in my directory in order to remove some corrupted files to no avail. I went into the game and started to chat with people and a few of them that weren't trolls actually tried helping me(shout out to those gamers). One suggested that my PC sound may be set to the wrong Hz - To which I told him that it was in fact set to 48000 hz. Everything within my computer works fine for multiple other games as well as through voice chat like Skype and Discord. I downloaded multiple free driver software updaters that checked for my sound driver being the most up to date and it is (which I figured but tried anyway). So here I am hoping to get this sound issue fixed by tonight so we can try to play this game.. hope someone knows what the heck is going on. Oh and before anyone tells me to try this I also reinstalled the game. Once through the steam client and again directly from Day Break's website. Again, all sound on my PC works fine.. please help.
  2. FriendlyHuman

Reinstall sound driver =)
    And delete all suspicious "free driver software updaters" at the same time.
  3. RelaxedZealot

Tried that as well. As stated before ALL of my sound works on EVERYTHING but THIS game. I use discord, other games with their own voice within perfectly fine.

These are not random "free driver software" they are the top rated ones that have no malware. I am not just downloading junk.. and as I stated before my sound drivers are 100% up to date.

Still the issue remains. I have even tried the "windows mixer" in case the game had accidentally been turned down. Still not working.
  4. FriendlyHuman

Then contact support.