Normal ping on Miller ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bonom Denej, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Bonom Denej

Hey, I've seen many many people here on the forums complaining about the poor ping on Miller and I want to know something : Is everyone concerned ?

Because for me, since the merge, appart from the very long logging time, I'm having pretty much the same latency, between 60 to 90 ms and I haven't experience any particular lag spike or other weird stuff, even when playing during prime time (9pm CET).

So, how bad is the situation for some ? Is it only a minority of players getting really bad performance or am I one of the few to not have a hard time ?
  2. Rikkit

since the merge my ping was never below 100, if it was around 150, it was a "good" day for me, normaly my ping was above 250.
    I recognised a ~2sec inputlag for cloaking...
    at all, not enjoyable
  3. CaptAmazing

I have to say my normal latency in other online games with server hosted in europe (where I life) is around 15-40. Bf4 for example.

When my latency is good in PS 2 its around 90. Since the merges I got times where my latency is around this value, but at primetime it can go up to 200-400.
  4. zukhov

I think the people who are concerned by this have stopped playing till it gets more acceptable.
  5. Bonom Denej

Maybe, I wouldn't see myself sticking to this game if I had a 300ms latency... =/
  6. Stigma

I wouldn't know because I can't even manage to log into Miller until it's almost midnght (trololololololol).
    Why am I paying for that membership again? ...

-Stigma
  7. TheChimera

On the create a new character server select screen it tells me that both EU servers give me ~25 ping.
    Playing in-game I get about ~80 Miller and 140+ on Cobalt.
    Playing tank vs tank, or infantry in smaller battles isn't too bad, but as soon as you enter a larger fight or go anywhere in an ESF **** hits the fan and the game becomes next to unplayable.
  8. Riku

Game-breaking high latency, hit detection issues all over the place and so on...
    • Up x 1
  9. Whatupwidat

So I'm guessing Miller caught whatever sickness Briggs had?
  10. Bonom Denej

I logged yesterday around 11pm CET I think, the login time was long (maybe 1 or 2mn), but I played for 40 minutes and I had a 90ms ping. No problem loging in earlier also, it just takes a little bit of time but it always goes through.

I have yet to fight in massive fights involving 100+ players, maybe my ping will plummet. I usually avoid these kind of fights so that's probably why I'm not bothered with the latency.
  11. Alchemist44

From yesterday night primetime:
    [IMG]
  12. Bonom Denej

Holy sh- :eek:

I think I'm blessed, or maybe it's just because I avoid huge fights and sticks to 24-48/24-48 fights at a maximum.
  13. Rikkit

seems like a normal spike, nothing to see here...
    This spikes are around for more than 4 month jet.
    Sadly they apear more often than in the past...
    Maybe it's time to fix them...