[Suggestion] Normal Mission Objectives during events.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zavatun, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Zavatun

I would love to see the normal mission objectives (ie capture base) continued during the special events.
    One reason is that many people new to the game often log off during events because they don't have a clue what to do or where to go. Many people are not interested in the Aerial Anomolies events or the harvesting and building one, and want to just continue capturing and defending bases. I'm an older player (60 years old) who has been playing for over a year, but I still get confused about what to do. Even the map doesnt make it very obvious what to do next, so I still rely completely on the mission objectives. This makes things difficult, especially starting out from warpgates, because the mission objectives are often stuck on "Defend ".. a nearby base, often one that has been long defended and isn't anywhere near enemy territory. Simple and clear mission objectives make the game much easier to follow and understand. When Aerial Anomalies is happening, I know what to do, and sometimes participate, but when the Cortium harvesting one happens, I don't have a clue where to go or what to do. In any case, I'd rather just continue playing the simple capture and defend base game.