Nobody SPOTS Any More ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HellasVagabond, Sep 2, 2013.

1. HellasVagabond

Exactly what the title says....For over a week now whenever i play i NEVER see spotted vehicles and infantry in my mini map even when there are 10-20 NC around me. So either noone uses the darn Q key any more or something is broken with the game ? I mean i use it all the time so i can't imagine how hard it is for others to do so too.
    So is it just me, is it that nobody cares to spot or is it a bug ?
  2. LowTechKiller

I'm not sure. I play on Mattherson and spotting is all I hear.
  3. nooblet91698

Sometimes, there are no spotters, sometimes there are only spotters. I play on Mattherson where usually, there are combat players and spotting players mixed together. Seems to me that nobody spots in your area.
  4. gigastar

Changes made to spotting over the months have made it unreliable. At best.
    • Up x 2
  5. Being@RT

Spotting share range is much shorter nowadays, only 100m or so. So if you spot something, a friendly 110m away from you won't know you did.

And shouting loudly when you see an enemy isn't always a good idea. WTB subvocal microphones.
    • Up x 1
  6. tproter

It's a combination of poor player habits and unreliable mini-map. I hardly use the mini map anymore, as it results in a lot of false-positives.
  7. DJPenguin

I want to spot but then comes the problem of screaming at the top of my lungs and giving my position away. Need to be sneaky.
    • Up x 2
  8. HellasVagabond

I think that the new players are the cause of this......They just don't care/know how to SPOT.
    • Up x 1
  9. DLL2

I think it is a problem about syncro about map server and game server.
  10. Peter Daniel

I binded the spot to a mouse button, really useful.
  11. Ender

It's the reduced spotting range for friendlies. Its far less than it used to be. Only people spotting things in your very close proximity, I want to say 30m, actually spot targets for you. I could be off on the range, but generally if they aren't really close, you don't get the spot they just did.
    • Up x 1
  12. Liewec123

they screwed up spotting last patch with those ridiculously large vehicle icons that cover your target.
    when i'm at long range using the AV turret on my engineer the moment someone "spots" the vehicle i'm aiming at i'll lose most of my chance of hitting it because its hidden behind the big red useless icon.

infantry though i'll always spot (and sometimes vehicles when i forget that i shouldn't), its muscle memory now,
    i played saints row 4 and couldn't stop myself from constantly hitting Q at the enemies! :p
    • Up x 1
  13. IamDH

I have located the issue
  14. IceFire909

It'd be nice if ground forces spotted enemies and it actually showed up for those of us bombing with a damn Zephyr!
  15. phreec

They slaughtered the Scout Radar and as Spotting also reveals your position (your callout can be heard by enemies too) it's not worth using when being sneaky. In large battles it's worth spamming the Q button like there's no tomorrow though.
    • Up x 1
  16. sauna

NC on Miller rarely spots OR check radar. Perhaps one of the reasons why they're being farmed so much and act clueless (rarely pulling AA, rarely doing anything about tanks, etc).

We had a good way to increase combat awareness and effectiveness in BF2. I wouldn't allow anyone to fire at anything without spotting first. After a while it was second nature and no one even thought about it.
    It's equally important in PS2.
  17. ironeddie

I spot when I think it might be useful to others but sometimes I don't want to give away my position.

I've been having problems lately though, I have the vehicle or soldier in my sights hit '2' in my case and nothing happens. Not worked out yet if its me or a bug.
  18. Jeslis

I always spot aircraft so that any nearby AA people can see it on their map//have an idea whereto look.

Also, anyone up high on a ledge or such.. but spotting infils is kinda useless as the *spot* is removed when they cloak.
  19. NinjaTurtle

I use recon darts, much more useful
  20. Campagne

Often, for me anyways spotting doesn't work. For example, if I saw a sunnderer parked behind a rock, if I were to try and spot it I would have to stand still and spam my tab key (what I changed it to) at least four or five times before the spot comes though.