No voice chat IN OR OUT

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shaolungbao, Jan 17, 2013.

1. BenYeeHua

Might be, but direct into modem first, as you can know it is router firmware problem or not.
    And it might be DHCP don't enable on the modem, just check how the router is set.
  2. MacroKiller

Hello,

thank you for your answer.
    Sorry but you seem to know a lot more than me about all this :)
    DHCP is the reason why I cannot plug my PC directly into the modem?

I dont know why the internet does not work into the modem directly.... It's weird.
  3. noMnoM

this doesnt fix the issue for the majority who have it. firewall/no firewall, direct to modem, modem+switch, modem+switch+router w/opened ports. none of it works. this is all on soe and they dont care. ive tried it on 3 different mobos with different sound cards/chips/headsets. i am 100% positive it is not any hardware or software configuration i am using. is simply broken voip. has been since beta...
  4. BenYeeHua

See the IP address you get for the computer, if it is 169.x.x.x, that means DHCP don't enable.
  5. MacroKiller

No it's 192.168.
    What's DHCP? what is it used for plz?
  6. BenYeeHua

So the DHCP is enable, it might be the router is doing PPPoE/PPPoA.
    You need to set the PPPoE/PPPoA account of the ISP on your windows network, and then you can connect to Internet.
    Ask your ISP, they will like to help you and give your account number by asking your IC number.

And now is my bed time.:)
  7. MacroKiller

Thx a lot but I really find this ridiculous.
    I mean voices work perfectly in Stracraft 2, Dota 2, Skype, Team speak etc...
    Only PlanetSide 2 is such a hassle...
    I mean wtf.
  8. Icemanthemyope2

Some days the voice chat works perfectly, today again nothing at all. I don't hear people talk and I think nobody hears me. Have not changed anything in the settings and I don't have the computer know how to do some of the stuff quoted above.

I am wondering also if the texting today has a problem. Texted a full platoon and our Phoenix battalion outfit repeatedly to ask if this is a general problem or not. I understand you just patched the game. No answer by text either. Logged out of frustration.
  9. NyaR

Yeah just open up those ports, if it doesn't help then your issue is not with the ports.
  10. MacroKiller

Hello,

Ok i did it. I plugged directly into the modem and it does not work either.
    They gave me a set of new instructions now.
    i'll let you know
  11. MacroKiller

I contacted my ISP. I was missing a login and password they gave me. They had me go to control panel > network and internet > network and sharin center > set up a new connection and I had to enter a login and password and it worked!

I tried the Voice IP and it still was not working.........

Thx a lot
  12. BenYeeHua

So this is the game problem, not the router.
    At least you know which one is the problem, create a ticket and tell that.
    You has try using windows to do PPPOE, and it still don't work for the voice chat.
  13. MacroKiller

I tried to put all the volumes to the max in game.
    When I use the playback I actually hear a sound like "shrrrrt". It lasts a brief instant then I dont hear anything else.
    Any ideas?
  14. MacroKiller

hello,

• HTTP (TCP-80)
    • HTTPS (TCP-443)

One question about opening ports. Why does one say HTTP and the other HTTPS?
    Is there something different to two?
    I just put them in the same rule. Like Outbound - TCP: 80, 443

Should I not do this? thanks a lot
  15. BenYeeHua

Nope, but I hear this sometimes for the people that speaking.
    Did you try update your sound card driver?
    Replied at the other thread.:)
  16. MacroKiller

thx dude ;)
  17. BenYeeHua

You are welcome.:)
  18. Shaolungbao

Ok seriously.. read the first post... plz stop posting about issues i've already covered just to say "it's a game problem".

Still looking for a response. Nothing after stating my router above. Disappointing that nothing in new game update notes mention this.
  19. BenYeeHua

Because that is another case, another person.:)
    I am filtering the thing that will also cause VOIP problem on he side, not your one.
  20. Shaolungbao

private message him then. appreciate your effort, but at the same time you can see SOE stopped replying a while ago.

Likely they are now confused as to what this thread is about.

thanks. Move on.. Any Cs or Ts can see this? Why'd you ask about my router? What's the next step?