[No RECAP] Friday Night Ops - Episode 60

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

[IMG]
    This week on Friday Night Ops Episode 60
    • Intro: Hosted by Luperza
      • New Community Manager, RadarX, will be with us for the intro!
    • The WDS Theme continues for Preseason 2!
    Have any questions about level design, marketplace design, systems design or community management? Put them in the thread below!

Where:
    When: 02/28/2014 5PM - 7PM PDT
    Server: TBD before each segment
    Don't forget to use our hashtag #PS2FNO and follow us on Twitter @PlanetSide2, and @PurrfectStorm

If you want to know what Friday Night Ops is or how you can be a part of it, go here!
  2. AdmiralArcher

when will we see a real; thought out and well written reply to EliteEskimo's Ultimate TR refursbishment thread? https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...cated-to-refurbishing-tr-as-a-faction.122793/

it is literally 52 pages of valuable feedback and there is ONE dev comment on it
    the loyal TR soldiers who have put this thread together have done so out of urges by the devs to consolidate our threads, but when we do, they still get ignored

will we ever see a real reply to it? can we please have some of these issues that are brought up in the original comment on this thread dealt with? namely the mini-chain gun design, the prowler design, prowler ability, and TR max ability

please for the love of the Terran Republic and all that is just

DO SOMETHING!

may Eskimos frosty wisdom last him throughout the ages!
    • Up x 4
  3. MrJoske

A question about the upcoming camo changes (which are great btw):

Will there be any compensation for people who spent sc on all 3 camos in the (recent) past?

Even though it doesn't affect me too much (only 'overspent' 1000sc) and I get that you guys have to make money (I don't expect anything, I got the stuff I paid for), I thought I would ask considering I saw it being discussed a couple of times today on Twitch chat and Twitter.
    • Up x 1
  4. Godsmangamer

just a quick question on telaporter rooms that sit right next to spawn rooms and don't seem to change the chance for breaking out of spawn room. I can think of quite a few of these on amerish.
    Are we going to see changes or will was the spawn room just expanded out a little with a teleport instead of a hallway?
    It's frustrating, but over all "Thank you" for the great game and keep it up. The new mission system sounds awesome and I am also wondering when it will appear on the test server? other then that I look forward to Friday night.
    • Up x 1
  5. kadney

Are you busy bees aware of some of the technical issues with Amerish and already sorting them out? :)

And a question regarding the change of the chamo mechanic that is MrJoske refering to, could you explain what exactly changed (Looks like purchase a single camo pattern anywhere and you can use it on everything.) and how this will affect single use camos, if at all? For example, if I own one single use vehicle camo, will I be able to apply this one onto either a vehicle / weapon or suit slot afterwards? Or does it behave different? :)
    • Up x 1
  6. NinjaTurtle

Question for Taylor

Would it be possible to have prices change dynamically for the budles? So for example the vehicle starter bundle is currently listed at 4675sc down from 4900sc but I already own 2 of the items from that bundle, is there any possibility that a percentage can be taken off for every item I already own?

This would in turn make some of the bundles more attractive for players because at the moment alot of them are worse value if you have even just 1 item

Question for Adam or David

Can we have more lattice links on Amerish? There are lanes that have no option but to follow one single direction for base after base. Onatha to Xelas bio labs for example the link down the eastern side has 5 links with no directional change, Wokuk to Kwahtee amp up the western side the are 6 links and no option to go anywhere but one direction

I'm not asking for a total redo just a couple links added here and there to make the flow a little less predictable and a little more spontaneous.

A couple of small change examples

East Hills Checkpoint - Silver Valley Arsenal
    Shrouded Skyway - Cobalt Communications
    • Up x 1
  7. Ikissyourface

Clegg on quartz ridge camp can you put a staircase for the defenders from the low ground near the tower that will be heading up to the high ground to where point A is?

Defenders are using that route anyway when they are on the low ground and want to go to point A fast, so a staircase will just make it convenient instead of traversing that rocky terrain sometimes when your angle is not right you cannot get up so easily.

Its just a simple staircase clegg make it happen.
    • Up x 1
  8. Astealoth

Any info on how WDS is going to be fleshed out in the future? Seems plagued with problems in this most recent iteration.

Score is easily swung by large margins via cheating. It's very easy for two people to sit there and flip a point back and forth in off hours.

Overall empire scores also seem to lean heavily in favor of the server's overall overpopped empire. Seems like the underdogs should get a scoring bonus, ideally a significant scoring advantage. Make the zergs work for it.

WDS prizes seem plagued with issues. I haven't received any weekly prizes even though I've been eligible for 6. Single use camos are a really terrible prize, even as test prize. They are just clutter. Boosts are fun prizes but for some reason they are now locked to the character which earned them which can be a frustration for many. Just too many issues going on here, really needs some attention.
    • Up x 1
  9. Gregerman

I just wonder if you could create a different way for us to aquire weapons like the platinum weapons. I really like Planetside 2 and I want to collect everything. Even if you set the price to 3k sc for it on the Marketplace i would buy it.
  10. Hotfoot

Will players be able to submit VO packs via the Player Studio Submission System? If so, will a list of the voice lines be submitted for hopeful players ready and willing to record excellent lines for the process?
    • Up x 1
  11. DeadliestMoon

I hope not, this is one thing i hope doesnt get to the Players Studio.
  12. Hotfoot

Why? It's not like we're inundated with inappropriate helmets, camos, or icons. They'd have to go through the same sort of screening process everything else does to make sure they're in line with what the vision for the game is.
  13. whyno

Max weapon attachments? How about a second use functionality for the weapons, i.e. lets get the right mouse button in on the action ;)
  14. DeadliestMoon

In other words you want to be able to both dual wield and have optics. No can do, in all of fps history (or at least semi recently) its a standard practice to disable the abilty to ads when dual wielding weapons.
  15. whyno

I see your point Moon, but this added ability would come at a cost of course. And it can be in terms of massive certs and/or a penalty to another function, e.g. Aiming Down Sights kills mobility by 90% (to take something from the history of fps that you're so keen about). Right now, MAXs are kinda boring and one dimensional. I'm trying to add some fun and utility, not make them OP. Believe you me, I hate it when whiners get what they want; i'm asking to add some spice to this most excellent game!
  16. Bullborn

Welcome to RadarX!

Clegg/Bennett: Any chance of more weather effects in the future to make the day to day continent battles more varied?

Bennett: Several of the TR weapons feel very similiar (Lynx vs. Jaguar or most of the LMGs). Are there plans to look at TR's weapons, and what can be done to more clearly separate their roles?

Clegg: Harasser/flash turbo jumps are great fun. Thought about making any intentional jump spots where these vehicles can perform shortcuts that regular vehicles cannot? (i.e. broken bridges with small ramps)

Bennett: With the introduction of Hossin and and other new continents, you will be spreading the server population over more terrain. What are the plans to compensate for this in order to ensure that all continents retain a healthy population?

Bonus question for Dowell, since he didn't get one...
    Dowell: Do you primarily wear vanu spandex just to make Higby uncomfortable in marketplace meetings, thus giving you an edge?

Thanks!
    • Up x 2
  17. Luperza Community Manager

Everyone has been adding great questions! Thanks peeps! :) Keep them coming!

The below comments are not really relevant to the members who will be on the show:

I will try to get a weapons designer on for a future PS2FNO. :)
  18. NinjaTurtle

Another question for Taylor

Can you get a preview button added to the Lumbifiber in the shop, not sure which one I want without seeing first. I have monies to give to you, if you could make it so I can **** my Scythe and Lighting out...
  19. iPlague

In terms of level designs of Amerish, I'd like to ask why Amerish is the homeland of Magriders, considering all the small cliffs and such, are easy peasy for Magriders
  20. Ash87

Question on Systems Design
    Topic: Mission System

Question: How will the mission system balance out squad assigned and automated missions, so new players have direction as to where to go, but people still have some reason to join squads?

Elaboration (Option reading, but just to make my question more clear):

Point 1: Currently the mission system on the PTS is only automated missions. These will point out specific points or places to travel to, down a lane by my understanding.

Point 2: By my understanding of comments I had heard in the past, something like 50% of people never even join a squad in PS2.

Point 3: There are supposed to be squad assigned missions in a later iteration of the mission system.

Concern: My concern, is that the mission system having this automated component, will not incentivize people to join squads at all. Rather, you simply need to follow the waypoints and accept your mission rewards going down a lane. This is all well and good in a way, I understand that it will help to direct people, which is something the game has trouble with even now. Thing is, if the rewards are equal between automated and squad assigned missions, what reason do people have, to join squads? They now get directions from the game of what to do, so why would they want to listen to a squad or platoon leader? Since it's already the minority that even Join squads, much less outfits this could work to improve that and maybe reinforce or incentivize teamplay.