[Suggestion] No purpose for player-made bases

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silkensmooth, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Silkensmooth

We all know player made bases have no purpose, other than to serve as hiding places for air who is losing a battle and as flak nests with auto turrets.

So i suggest a simple change.

Give each 1/3 of the map 2 capture points so there are six base locations for each continent. Have them connected to the lattice.

These would be the only places where bases can be built.

It would be even better if these bases used actual base assets instead of the silly incongruous playermade assets.

Either way, this change would give bases a purpose. People would actually fight over them. Constructing a base would have real value in the game and become important.
  2. PlanetBound

A silo and spawn tube allow friendlies to drop in from all over if they haven't already bound to another spawn tube.
  3. Shadowdev

I wish they would have no system bases at all and make all of them player built, that would be very cool.
    • Up x 1
  4. iStalk

I like building bases. Great way to kill time. Then i wait for a enemy go show up and i take it down before he can earn points from trying to kill it =].