No patch today = no patch this week.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MadGelo, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Cl1mh4224rd

None, but I understand the English language relatively well. These are examples of "marketing terms": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_marketing_terms.

I get that you're trying to call out his "100%" comment as BS, but it's certainly not a "marketing term". Personally, I would have avoided something as absolute as "100% ready to go", but if people are going to complain about something no matter what, might as well give them something minor to hang themselves with. It will entertain the more reasonable folks.
  2. Stadulator

haha MY high horse? pot, meet kettle
  3. Shockwave44

That's all I was getting at but then the trolls came in.

It's not complaining, its making a point. Look, the devs tout themselves as "people of the community" and that they listen to us. Fine, just don't treat us like fools.

Under promise and over deliver, however, they have it backwards.
  4. EFREM

I am not happy. Now you are obliged to enter grenade launchers for fraction at once! And as the patch 04 leaves in march, from you one-time dumping of certificates (what is in a road map in march)!
  5. Preddles

Hopefully pushing it out a week means they're actually dealing with the stupid no damage bug that is plaguing people like wildfire.
  6. Bill Hicks

Really need this patch to come. Prowlers are ridiculous right now. Every TR player just pulls a prowler with zero certs and starts farming. Every battle with the TR is a wall of splash damage. Add the rocket podding mosquitos and its just splash death fight.
  7. riker

why dont you guys set a 3 week cadence? since expectations are so low with the updates, if you make it 3 weeks everyone will be happy because it will be coming out on time instead of late every single time?
  8. Edgar Allan Bro

SOE is the only game company that I know of who delay's patches not once but every time.
    • Up x 3
  9. Suroped

Released when it's 100%? Yeah, right. You just want to put those new helmets for 6,99 in update.
  10. MayorD

tbh sad. just remove the months of roadmap.what reason in telling people "we will do then" when you cant do it.
    sure, to test all things is good thing, just dont set absolute dates, you cant hold.
  11. Miniman

Concerning that such a small update is delayed so much. Will this have a knock-on effect on later updates?
  12. Purg

I don't think you could have missed the point any further than you did. Congratulations.
  13. Hades Serpent

You people complaining had better have shovelled a lot of cash their way, otherwise, the entitlements astounding. Hell, I've dumped plenty of money on them, and I still have this opinion:

These people are working their collective assess off to provide you with entertainment. So knock-off this entitled, BS routine and cut them some slack already.
    • Up x 3
  14. overunity

You eat a tin of beans ,then you fart ,how easy is it to identify the bean responsible ?
  15. BigIronRanger

Nah mate your just not used to what actual skill is can't wait for nerf to prowler im going to troll so hard in the chat.
  16. Eclipson

Sorry, did we destroy your precious OP HackMax?
  17. Kize

Yeah I am not jumping the gun hardly any with this statement. Maybe from the TR side it looks like white fluffy bunnies but in reality even heat rounds are at least twice as effective as HE for the vanguard. And yes I actually have had a heat round land the better part of 10 yards away and still 1 shot me... several times.
  18. DjUnicorn

I would eat one by one till I found the one that caused the fart, simple and effective.
  19. Metallic123

The reason people are complaining is because the dev's set expectations. If they wouldn't have told us one thing then did another this thread wouldn't exist. It's the inconsistency, all this forum ******** is just inpatient players venting. We want our strikers MEOW!
  20. framperton

It isn't that small, really. They are adding in the VR room, a new Map/hex system, rumble seats, cloaking, a new flash weapon (HOPEFULLY THE NEXT PA SET) and some HE nerfs. The VR setup alone is a pretty big deal, they had to add functionality that just wasn't there before. Frankly, I'm not too happy about how they are setting up the VR room anyway.

For a firing range, it's still pretty difficult to tell if the target you're shooting at is at 60m or 65m. Also, I think randomly despawning targets is a stupid idea. Why would anyone want that? So the target despawns halfway through me shooting at it? Or so I have to wait for the target to appear at the range I want it to before I can fire?

I know there is a more traditional alternative, but I would have preferred the player silhouette to actually provide useful information, like where and for how much damage I hit the target, rather than just 'killing' it.