No patch today = no patch this week.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MadGelo, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Cl1mh4224rd

Because, even with the shared vehicle XP in the original, people just grabbed tanks and used them to run over the enemy for maximum XP gain.
  2. Lemaya

Use a Magrider ;) You'll need a proper turret to be effective due to the low elevation of the main turret.
    • Up x 1
  3. The Shermanator

I imagine it's because the current development team is 100% incapable of addressing balancing concerns in an interesting, indirect fashion. Damage nerfs and buffs are the only tools in their toolbox. Reducing the number fielded by making them take more crew members, reducing turret tracking speeds, reducing velocities, etc. are scarcely seen indirect solutions that would go far to solve the current dilemma and keep people happy.
    • Up x 2
  4. Torok

thanks for heads up, all that teasing us with something like: patch "should" come out by wednesday, when in reality we'll always wait many days more isn't nice at all, if it's not too much asking, when you delay a GU/Patch because of testing/fixing issues you will also delay the next 2-week planned GU/patch?

regards
  5. Shockwave44

Please don't use marketing terms around here. I have yet to see anything 100% come from you're patches.
    • Up x 3
  6. Ronin Oni

So since the ES RL's were slated for next week....

are they going to be added into GU04 which, I'm guessing, is now slated for release sometime between Mon and Wed night?

Oh yah... also
    /sadface :(

Really looking forward to a few things in this one. Oh well, patience is a virtue ;)
  7. Cl1mh4224rd

o_O "100%" isn't a marketing term...
  8. Ronin Oni

Over exaggerate much?

Kill radius is 1 meter from impact, and then only if the infantry you're hitting with splash does not have any ranks of Flak (which costs 1 point)

I agree with the nerf FWIW, but your grotesque over exaggeration bears correction
    • Up x 1
  9. Duff_Chimp

Release patch > Find more bugs > Fix bugs

Sure if the bugs are game breaking delay the update, but surely the sooner the release the quicker new bugs are found then fixed. There are still plenty of bugs that are in the live client, most people playing the game have played since beginning. We are pretty used to bugs by now. It will be a happy day when this game is bug free, i can't see it happening anytime soon...
  10. Maljas23

So does this mean we don't get the RLs next week either?
  11. DjUnicorn

What a normal bug fixing method is suppose to be

Fix one bug > Did it get fixed?:

- Yes > Fix next bug
    - Yes but created a new bug > Rework the fix
    - No > Try to discover what is REALLY causing the bug and fix it

What SOE's bug fixing method is

Fix all bugs that take priority on the "I don't know" list > Did they get fixed?:

- [IMG] Nop.
    - [IMG] Somewhat fixed
    - [IMG] Something happened and I'm not sure why
    • Up x 2
  12. RichardDunn

I hope they address the issue where C4 doesn't damage turrets. This bug has saved the life of too many this past week.
  13. Shockwave44

I'm sorry, what school did you go to for marketing and advertising again?
  14. Ibuprofen

6th grade math class!
  15. Tombombadil

Although I'm glad they're making sure the patch is finished before releasing it, the delays are a bit dissapointing. Gu04 by almost mid march, meaning all the others will also get pushed back, then delays on those too: by GU06 we'll be a month behind roadmap.
  16. Purg

"you're patches"?

Mistake within two sentences despite, I'm sure, your best intentions.. compared to probably hundreds of thousands of lines of code that's significantly more complex than a simple grammatical error and many magnitudes more difficult to correct, perhaps now you might cut them some slack?
    • Up x 5
  17. Shockwave44

Thank you for proving my original point. As in don't use terms like, "100%", since even you just said that's not possible to do.
  18. Burdman

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  19. Stadulator

as compared to what game? I've yet to see any MMO release a completely bug free/optimized patch.

give the devs a break man I'm willing to bet they work more hours in a week than 90% of this whiny console oriented "community"

And as the poster above stated, how does a guy that can't even use "your" correctly in a sentence get the right to criticize anyone?
    • Up x 2
  20. Shockwave44

Get off your high horse dude and read my last post. Oh and I didn't realize there was an unwritten rule that states, anyone who makes a mistake, shall not point out another. Nice try.