[BUG] No lightbeam from Flashlight

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Rikkit, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Rikkit

For quite some time i can't see the beam from flashlights.
    and you know flashlight's are kind of OP vs stalkercloak, so it's kind of a gamebreaking bug to me.
    If you share this opinion, pls support me at this Bugreport, by upvoting it:
    https://soeissuetracker.com/browse/PS-1280
    • Up x 1
  2. CuteBeaver

I am still sick and can't voice any videos but I'll take a look on PTS with my two accounts and see if I can recreate it. Thanks for posting your settings in the bug report

• Up x 1
  3. MisterSlim

Sounds like you could use the help of some of the Forumside cloakers! xD

If you'd like, I'll get in touch with Jawa tomorrow and see if he and I can't set up a bit of a voiceover, as long as you do the recording. It likely won't be a super long voiceover, not because it is a relatively short subject, but because the amount of lust generated among the viewers by our voices could very easily reach dangerous levels xD.

-Stay Fr0sty
  4. CuteBeaver

Lol Your making me seriously consider collaborating and getting Skep to create an "infils talking dirty" recursion voice pack. I'm pretty sure we have all said or thought some pretty hilarious things.

Sometimes ill stalk enemies and sing the jaws theme song, but instead of dun dun, its bum bum... bum bum. lol. Or when I get a really good crossbow headshot on a moving LA, I'v been known to say "Sploosh" in TS. Don't get me started on proxy mine kills.
  5. Rikkit

I dare you cute beaver, pls, pls make it happen, i would love to have a nice dirty cloaker voicepack
  6. MisterSlim

I'm sure half my outfit is tired of my "GET FR0STY, SON!"s after some fancy headshots xD.

I'd love to be part of making a cloaker voice pack, and I'm sure lots of peeps would find it neat. I think we should make it happen!!

-Stay Fr0sty
  7. breeje

the darklight bug happened to me yesterday
    one guy i shot in the head an couple off times returned to my spot
    i was thinking to get an free kill again but he walks straight up to me and head shots me

i asks him how do you find me so easy, thinking he installed an hack to find me or the head bug is back
    he answered i did see you with my darklight
    now i did not see any darklight and i did not glow in the faction color
    this is an annoying bug for me to deal with, hope they fix it fast

and CuteBeaver i would love an voice pack from you
    you can talk dirty all day long to me :D
  8. MisterSlim

You don't want me talking dirty to you? :( My feelings have been shattered!!

-Picks up Parsec- May God have mercy on your soul.. xD

-Stay Fr0sty
    • Up x 1
  9. CuteBeaver

I am still working on reproduction steps:

10. CuteBeaver

My Notes:

Every time you spawn with a loadout equipped with a darklight flashlight for the first second or so it bugs the flashlight into an undetectable state. For a Primary weapon literally this is a 100% chance for a HA to spawn with any darklight, and run around with it knowing infils cannot see it, so long as he doesn't swap his weapons around.

To bug the secondary weapon in the same way, swapping weapons must occur rapidly before your characters green medic flash spawn animation completes. If you can swap from primary to secondary weapon fast enough, it too will always 100% of the time have an undetectable beam.

Second factor: Distance roughly estimating 5-7 meters (i didn't have range finder on my alt account)

Imagine there is a tile (roughly 5-7m) worth of space between my characters:
    Heavy [ tile ] Infil

I discovered anything outside of the tiles area had a far less likely chance of showing a darklight cone when swapping weapons back and forth. However the closer I got to the infil, dramatically impacted the chance of the bug fixing itself. I am guessing the "length" of the tile corresponds to the length of the actual flashlight beam. (Pretty important to note: Infils can still be seen well beyond this distance. Video I will attach later should make this easy to understand.)

Adding to this confusion, the primary weapon is more likely to stay bugged roughly 1-2 meter closer then secondary weapon will. I don't know why. Despite the differences in tile length between primary and secondary weapons, it was a very clear pattern that the closer the darklight user was to the infiltrator the more likely a weapon swap would fix the bug and show the flashlight cone.

That being said it was possible, on demand to back up, and rebug the darklight back into an undetectable state. To do this I simply straffed left and right sideways. I don't know why moving around beyond 7m seemed to help re-bug the darklight but I will post footage showing this. It was consistent. This method was effective for both primary and secondary weapons.

I was unable to determine any positive effect from ADSing. However to maintain realism to in game situations during testing I would ADS and strafe left and right. The moment of truth for this bug seems to ultimately come down to swapping weapons rather then if the enemy is ADS'd or relaxed.

I also had inconsistent results with jumping, standing still, and uneven terrain. So i moved my testing to as perfectly flat a surface I could find. A tile bridge allowed me to narrow this down to distance rather then inconsistent animations.

Oh yes...

trying to be a good person, and turn the flashlight OFF/ ON manually, had no positive effect in fixing this bug. We honestly can't get angry with players this is something they cannot really control. They also have no way of actually knowing their darklight is bugged under normal gameplay situations where they are swapping between weapons and tools on the fly.

There may be other things I have missed, maybe details about character animations or something that could possibly impact this bug, however those are my reproduction methods at present. They seem to be fairly consistent but there may be special circumstances, or triggers I haven't discovered.
  11. Rikkit

Wow, thanks fpr all the work, never thought it could be taht complex <3
  12. CuteBeaver

Go ahead and update your bug report. You can add this video here for reproduction steps.

13. Rikkit

thx, i updated the bugreport with a link to this theard, and to your Videa, thanks alot @ Cute.Beaver for your support