No headshot multiplier for any launcher, including lancer. Should there be?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Village, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Village

I think there should, a 1.5x multiplier similar to sniper rifles. This would mean the Decimator would potentially kill a MAX suit with a single headshot, and could be unfair to the class but i'll leave it to everyone elses judgement. Should launchers have a headshot multiplier?
  2. HamOnRye

Gonna have to disagree on this.

The primary focus for launchers is an AV/AA role, so using this against infantry is done in an ad hoc manner. In the case of MAX suit I could see your point, but I fear that we would be revisiting the same horse**** of the 1shot kills of the Phoenix launcher all over again.
  3. Mythicrose12

I'll agree with HamOnRye. Launchers should focus on vehicle use, not infantry. Dumbfires can already one shot infantry so a headshot multiplier really isn't needed. There are some lancer users that want additional scope options. If that were to happen, it would make hitting infantry at a distance much easier than it is currently...combine with HS multiplier..and...well....we're at a worse situation than when the Phoenix made its debut.

I would admit, it would be hilarious to have "revenge" on NC if I could get a 6x scope on the lancer and a HS damage multiplier....
  4. Intruder313

No, Launchers are already far too deadly to Infantry and since the nerfs to grenades etc there's been a lot more RL spam.
    The Phoenix was rendered unable to OHK infantry within 2 days of release but it's fine for someone to hipfire a Decimator into your face as your round a corner.
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

I'm somewhat pissed that I can lay a phoenix into an infiltrator's forehead without him dying, but his tiny little piece of lead takes me out.

Other than this case, the only difference a headshot multiplier would make is taking out MAX units even more easily, which I feel is unnecessary, considering HAs also get concussion nades, AV nades, and C4, which are all extremely effective against MAXes, not to mention a rocket taking 50-75% of their life with a direct hit in any case.
    • Up x 1
  6. hostilechild

MAX should just be immune to headshots anyway. There a big lumbering hunk of steel.

I wouldn't mind headshots on the lancer and phoenix, put some skill into using the weapon. Its only going to kill those dumb enough to stand still admiring the scenery. (or checking the map).

I wouldn't be against killing(freudian slip) giving Tr launcher dumbfire mode, as long as dumbfire was limited to 1 rocket at a time with a X sec pause between, similar to standard dumbfire in exchange for HS.
  7. Evil Monkey

Mr Pheonix says yes please, Mr Lancer, and I'll raise you.