[BUG] No DAMAGE compilation thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Finious, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meltd0wn

I play on Briggs and I've been having this issue as well since the merger.
    I don't understand why Briggs got affected; it's not even in any merger.
    Also, you can't even deal any damage to friendlies either.
    This is really, really bad. Can't shoot in a shooter game.
    Would be better if we got more attention from different media. This thread might take longer to get their attention, or so it seems :S
    • Up x 2
  2. PvtLisek

I've got exaclty the same problem on Miller.
    10-20min of normal gameplay, then I cannot do any damage to enemies or friendly...
    • Up x 1
  3. Kroova

Since it won't let me edit....

I also noticed today that as an infiltrator when I "fire" sensor darts neither the particle or the minimap effect show up.

I am using an i5 processor, AMD video card, and Windows 7 64x.

One final note, my character transfered from Soltech to Mattherson during the merger. Not sure if that info is pertinent, but I read that only transfered characters were affected.

Summary

Bug happens every 10-15 minutes with great consistency (i.e. I have not been able uninterrupted to play for more than 20 minutes at the most since the merger). I adjusted the number based on gameplay today.

Bug is "fixed" by relogging.

When bug hits, I can shoot and reload my weapons regularly as well as see the impact of my bullets against enemies (shield flickering).

However, I am unable to do any damage against enemies, friendlies, or myself with grenades, rockets, or weapon fire.

Also, I do not get a HUD hit notification (or friendly fire warning) when I am shooting another character.

Sensor Darts I fire do not appear or pulse on the minimap.

I can still drive, repair, heal, rez, and cap points as well as get exp for those activities.

Hopefully this bug can be fixed soon. Thanks!
  4. Bluebullet

No they may have been more likely to be affected but plenty of people on the servers that others were transferred to or ones not involved in a merge at all started having it. Also once again I am on Helios and have had it since the 2nd of February with GU2 so no mergers didn't birth this beast they just spread it around.
    • Up x 1
  5. Drekand

Bump

I, too, am a Soltech refugee and experiencing the same problem. For what it's worth I'm running an i5 3450 CPU and radeon 7850 2GB GPU. I'm also a Capricorn (gotta be thorough).
    • Up x 2
  6. raffieltiger

I can play for hours, then all of a sudden nothing does any damage anymore.

It's random, and no indication of when it will happen.

The only gamebreaking bug for me. All the other bugs are minor annoyances compared to this.
    • Up x 1
  7. 10thRMDredd

oh god finally people in the same boat... :)

i cant really play anymore, well i can run around cap points, repair stuff but i cant fight....fps50+, game has been set on ultra, 600 metres res and runs beautifully, now game is still smooth but my shots do no damage and placed mines etc disappear.
    After $300+, 800+ hrs i am needing my ps2 fix.
    Pls sort this. Its killing me. The server may as well have been down for a week regarding the effect on my advancement and general enjoyment. I need to worship at your warshrine SOE.
    pls i will do anything....
    • Up x 2
  8. 10thRMDredd

I am sure that SOE will get on to this......they are a crafty bunch. They will obviously recognize that they will not have a product within 3 months if people cant do damage in a fps. Its probably just a tricky fix....
    For myself, i am having battle withdrawls.... is there a hotline?
    • Up x 1
  9. MajorZbug

Pretty much gave up on the game until this bug is fixed, the experience is just pure frustration at the moment. It's a shame because I've been loving every minute of it since beta, but right now I can just choose between having to relog every 10-15 minutes, or underclock my CPU so that the bug doesn't happen but I'm stuck with 10 fps at all times.
    • Up x 1
  10. Uncle_Lou

I'm done with this game until this is resolved. I'd bet dollars to donuts that GU04 hits the servers before this bug is fixed, and if it does, I'm done for good. Happens like clockwork, every 10-15 minutes of play everything stops doing damage. Healing, repairing, and gaining exp for everything except killing still works. At this point I'm thinking they need to compensate everyone with SC, certs, or premium game time... or something. It's not an FPS anymore, its a FPPoint-your-finger-at-the-other-guy-and-say-BANG.
  11. TotalNoob

LALALALALALALALALALALALA.... we're not listening, there is no issue here. You are all clearly making it up.

Regards,

SOE
    • Up x 1
  12. nereusten

After merging servers from Jaeger to Watterson , I started experiencing this issue along other symptoms of desync. Typically would happen about 10 to 20 minutes after logging in or upon respawn. The issue repeated itself from that Friday until Sunday but, then resolved itself on Monday and haven't had it happen to me again. Before I played on Monday, I was messing around with some overclocking which may have somehow fixed the issue. Here are my computer specifications:

Asrock Z68 Pro Gen 3
    Intel Core 2500k
    Overclocked: 4.5GHz
    EVGA Gefore 550 Ti
    Overclocked:
    Core - 999MHz
    Shader - 1998MHz
    Memory - 2200MHz
    Geil Value PLUS DDR3 PC3-10660(10666) 1333MHz 2 x 2GB
    Overclocked: 1600MHz,
    Timings - 9-9-9-24

Here are some screens of my bios settings.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Download the program CPU-Z and make sure that Bus Speed is the same as what you have in BIOS, if it inst, disabling spread spectrum usually corrects this.

[IMG]

Another thing that I have seen other users on here recommend is that you make sure you are on high performance in power options. However, some of the advanced settings may not be correct. Navigate your way over to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options. Click on "Change Plan Settings" and then click on "Change Advanced Power Settings".

[IMG]

These setting should keep your CPU at a consistent clock speed and not be entering any power saving features. Al Gore will cry and now can water cool that processor with his tears.

I tried using the "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true" in command prompt but, it maybe my performance in high congested area absolutely choppy, and reverted back with "bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock'. There is no way I could recommend that fix if it ends in the same result for someone else.

In MsConfig, I disabled all Services besides the Nvidia Display Driver and all programs for start up.

I really have no idea if anything I did corrected the issue or if it was resolved server side. Hopefully, some of this information can help identify the issue, because I understand how frustrating this is. To be completely honest, most of you need to sack up and stop complaining. You are not being constructive at all. If you all could post some information about your PC and what servers you are playing on, ect, it's more data and it could help the community, as well as devs, find out why this is happening and reach a conclusion sooner. The Planetside devs are ******* awesome beyond belief. I really haven't seen a game that has had so much communication between the player base and developer team about how to improve the game for a better experience. These issues are just growing pains. For everything that they have accomplished so far, these developers deserve respect. /buysdevsacoldone
    • Up x 1
  13. Kogmaw

14. copywrite85

I actually reported 3 ppl for hacking before i realized it was a bullet registration bug server side. This is a colossal faith killing bug that needs to be acknowledged and handled immediately.
    • Up x 1
  15. Innistrad

I am quite displeased how long it is taking SOE to fix this problem. I have been experiencing this within 5 minutes of play, ever since Saturday, 2nd of March. It really makes the game unplayable.
  16. Bluebullet

Not suprising that workaround was targeted at people you wanted to or were staying overclocked

I have posted my history with this everywhere and linked my spec. Then pmed or talked to via support ticket everyone you would bother to respond. I have had this issue effect me from GU2 on the 2nd to the 13th and now from the 21st to now. Not that the 13th-21st period was a big relief I went from 10-15 minutes of gameplay then relog from "NEUTEREDMODE" to 20-30 minutes then relog due to now fixed desync issue.

THEY FIXED THIS ISSUE FOR 8 DAYS THEN BROUGHT IT BACK. THIS COUPLED WITH MY CONSTANT UPDATES OF THE ISSUE AND THEIR LACK OF UPDATES ON IT FOR 5 WEEKS MAKES COMPLAINING LOUDLY THE ONLY RECOURSE LEFT.
  17. Bluebullet

SPAM TO EVERY MOD YOU CAN PM CAUSE I AND A FEW OTHERS HAVE HAD IT SINCE FEBRUARY 2ND AND SOME ARE NOW TALKING LIKE ITS NEW TO MARCH 2ND.
  18. Bluebullet

Add a month to that and tell me how you feel.
  19. JDS999

had a wierd expience where a platoon of air or less was at biolab and i was on pad for a while with bursters after a few planes went down it seem like 1/4 shots were detected, mabey more, so i was haveing a problem getting all my shots to sync. made a few changes too comp so isnt overclocked
  20. Arkreaper

I've noticed that with this bug when in close combat i can see my target visibly flinching but not the red damage registers which tends to say i'm defo hitting. If it was a infantry only issue i'd of blamed the reduced flinch stuff.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.