[BUG] No DAMAGE compilation thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Finious, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluebullet

Thinkl how I feel I got it when it first came out with GU2 on the 2nd over a month ago. Then they fixed it on the 13th, brought it back on the 21st and with the merger spread it around like a bad cough. Truthfully I am very happy the problem is now more widespread so maybe they won't put it off for another month.
  2. Deathcapt

Disable in-game VOIP it seems to have fixed it for me. I have a TP-Link router. I know there is a known issue with some routers and in-game VOIP.
  3. TotalNoob

Asus Sabertooth board. Managed to fix the issue by turning off the system monitors, many thanks to the community for spending your own time figuring that out.

SOE - you really should be ashamed. I would have no hesitation sacking people on the spot for creating massive business risk to revenue and then doing F*** all about it. Not even an acknowledgement.

UNBELIEVABLE
    • Up x 1
  4. Thentar

Still happening to me and nothing that has been suggested works for me. I've got a Gigabyte MB, I'm not over clocking anything. I don't use GUI.exe to modify any bios features.
    This bug happen even when there is no warping of players.
    This bug can last for 5 minutes or one time over a half hour and multiple spawns at multiple locations coming back as multiple characters.

Nothing more annoying to engage in a fight to see you should have killed someone but no damage happened to them while you take full damage.

Funny enough there has not been a single case where I've not received dmg that I can identify. This may be unrelated but I've had instances where I've come over a hill, seen a rocket launched at me, have had it hit (AA lock on missile while I'm moving), then after the damage happened I'll get the tone lock. Lot of good tone lock does me AFTER i've been hit by the missile.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ralekei

I have a Gigabyte Motherboard as well, so I honestly have no idea how I would even begin to do the workarounds that these people have suggested. What I want is at least a post from some employee of SOE telling us that they've acknowledged the problem and are working to fix it. I'd say this thread has received more than enough attention to at least deserve that much.
    • Up x 2
  6. Thentar

There would be a ton of new players that wouldn't even realise this is happening.
    This happened to me on the VERY first day of release. I wasn't sure if I was just a bad shot or missing so I recorded it before reporting.

Now then it wasn't exactly the same as it only happened on 3 people. I could damage others and the player was banned or at least hasn't logged on since that day.

But in the heat of battle new players might not even realise they are doing no damage and if it only lasts for a few minutes then they might not even know it before it "fixes" itself.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kenshin02

This has happened twice to me these last few days, but it had never happened before. All my weapons and vehicles cause no damage at all, but I can still see the enemies being "hit", as in I can see them move a bit because of the kick of the bullets. Also, I noticed that my knife still works, still causes damage. Maybe the melee is somehow treated differently than all other weapons?

Even if I respawn or change continents it won't be fixed. But if I log off and log in everything is OK again.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bluebullet

[quote="Ralekei, post: 1341643, member: 144666" I'd say this thread has received more than enough attention to at least deserve that much.[/quote]
    This thread
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-flying-everywhere.87669/page-36#post-1257180
    hit over 20 pages before it got a one sentence reply saying that they were working on it and the desync wasn't fixed for 19 days. While this was fixed in 12 but obviously on accident since it has been reintroduced and expanded from the 21st. It never got a single tweet response and I think it must be taboo or something hasn't touched the known issues thread at at, not a single primary dev has commented at all on it and the few responses outside of tickets and all ticket ones are almost exactly the same. I fear they decided it effects few enough people completely they will just ignore them till they or the bug magically disappear.
  9. GANGSTA

this De-Sync Crap is game breaking for me. I can only go 15-20 mins before suddenly i am shooting rubber bullets. No one should have to log out and back on constantly to have a ok experience.

Forget selling new weapons and crap

Fix the game first because this bug is game breaking for alot of us.
  10. BlazingTiger

Please fix this bug ASAP. Thank you very much.
    • Up x 1
  11. Zakuak

Keep on posting and if you see someone in game chat yelling about it then yell back at them to POST in the forums. I'm thinking it's effecting plenty of people, a lot intermittently and some chronically, I was on the chronic list.

I'd log in and have about 10-15 minutes of dealing damage then the no damage would start in and if I kept going then players and player vehicles would start acting crazy.

It really is about as game breaking as you can get, hell I'd rather the game crash at launch so I couldn't even get in lol ( well....maybe).

BTW my "workaround" seems to have done a great job but last night I did notice several times where I was not doing damage to a ESF/Lib or Tank. Sometimes I'd lay a entire mag of AA DB Max ammo onto a lib and I'd see all the shots explode but I'd only get 2,3 or 4 with the red X or "HIT" indicator. This is why I think the issue could be very wide spread but people will play on and keep grinding away.
  12. Legend89

This is a bug thats been going on for long enough. This game was made by SOE why is it that these bugs make it feel like its a no name developer. I've tweeted Higby with no response they just dont give a **** atm it seems. Already seen people unistall the game because its so broken after this patch. Not to mention every patch seems to **** up everything. I love the game but my patience is really being tested here. Day 5 of no gameplay due to being unplayable.
    • Up x 1
  13. Preddles

I've been having this bug since the server merge too. I've talked to support numerous times and they are "working on it." I don't know how hard they're working on it since some people have been getting this freaking thing since GU02. Seems to happen within 10-15 minutes of logging in. Having to log out and log back in every 10 minutes to play a video game is completely unacceptable. Hopefully they can fix it soon. It breaks the **** game.
    • Up x 1
  14. Kroova

This started for me after the server merger. Went from Soltech to Mattherson.

After merger I:

a) Am getting significantly lower fps, especially in large battles (possibly because of high server population).

b) Am getting the "no-dmg" bug roughly every 10-30 minutes of gameplay, meaning that my bullets stop registering as hits and doing damage. I can still repair/heal/drive though. Relogging fixes the problem, but is quite annoying especially when it happens right after spawning a vehicle.

As I stated this problem started after the server merge. Also, I do not overclock, etc.
    • Up x 1
  15. pr0gr4m

• Up x 1
  16. Ralekei

Here was a response I had in the chat in regards to this issue,
    "After the latest game update there was a syncing issue with windows and a select few processors that are causing this issue. We are working on resolving the issue as soon we can."

....So there is some hope?
    • Up x 1
  17. Bluebullet

Who told you that just after the last patch ****? I wish to rail on them.
  18. Le_Fou

Successfully C4 a HacksawMax without dying and... C4 don't feel good, he don't want do any damages!

Fix this f*cking problem, it is really annoying...
  19. maniajack

Same story as a lot of you here. Everything was fine until the server merge from SolTech to Mattherson. I have a Gigabyte mobo no overclocking. It's happened every single night since the merge and it's making this game extremely frustrating to play. This is definitely holding me back from going premium. We need a comment from SOE or some hope of a fix, this is ridiculous.

Easiest way to tell it's happening is to get in an air turret, you'll see the flak explode on the plane but get no hit-marker.
  20. PEETREE

Yep, Soltech to matherson. No damage bug will occur once every three hours. Only way to fix it is to relog.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.