No calls for Pump Action Nerf??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by a-koo-chee-moya, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shootybob

The part that's missing for mass nerf calls is the "How likely am i to be killed by X right out of the spawn shield" that ppa and lolpods have.
  2. Boildown

Pump Actions are uber-situational. They're horrid in most situations, but devastating when you find that magic moment.

And yes I have both pump actions Auraxiumed. On my Vanu. And another on my NC (which is a duplicate of the other one, discounting irrelevant bullet drop), so that's "three" pump actions I've Auraxiumed. Enough for me to be an expert witness in a fictionalized TV courtroom drama.

Some Twitch highlights:
    http://goo.gl/e0Wp89
    http://goo.gl/fdKzSD
    http://goo.gl/DxnAK3
    http://goo.gl/bO2P21

* Twitch lowlights not included.

What you must remember are the ABFs. Always Be Flanking. And if you can't flank without getting killed first, its not a good pump action shotgun situation, choose another weapon.
    • Up x 1
  3. copywrite85

I doubt anyone's going to rage at you. This is just an awkward useless thread.
  4. z1967

tl;dr
    Just about any weapon is better than a shotgun at doing a shotgun's job except when you are close enough to stab them. Only advantage is ending a fight before it begins, which itself is also super limited.

First: Use them. The OHK range (assuming you have sacrificed 3 goats a month to RNGesus in the past year) is around 5m-7m. This assumes that:
    -most of the pellets hit
    -the target does not have NW
    -the target does not have an overshield on
    -the target is actually close enough to kill

The PA shotgun, assuming 100% pellet hit rate and 0m range (both of which are unlikely 80% of the time), can kill up to 6 people with extended mags. The Lynx carbine (125 dmg and ammo inefficient) can kill 5-10 people in one magazine. LMGs are even more absurd with the MSW-R killing between 7-12 people in a magazine. Then the high capacity ones like the CARV and T7 Minigun (ex mags assumed, because who wouldn't use them) will kill 14-25 people and 28-50 people in one magazine respectively. So, basically any weapon that isn't a shotgun has more killing power in a mag than a shotgun.

The OHK is a gimmick at best. The only advantage to the PA shotguns over any other weapon other than Sniper rifles is the ability to end a fight before it begins. It gives no time for the HA to flick on his shield or the Medic to start healing.

And finally slugs. Less complained about because nobody really uses them outside of NC MAXes. Slugs are about the only time the HSM of the shotguns actually matter. Shotguns have a HSM of 1.5x, less than the standard 2x for basically any other gun. This means that Semi auto shotties and auto shottie slugs will not OHK a full health target. The PA slugs only slightly remedy this by being OHK weapons up to 21m. You probably will also ditch your ex mags for a laser so your hipfire isn't crap. They are bad weapons, but they work well with LAs and positioning players. Also with HA, because the class itself exists to cheese :|
    • Up x 1
  5. a-koo-chee-moya

Don't You mean banshee, engineer turret, bulldog, Breaker pods, Hellfire pods, Tank rounds, lolpods, PPA, etc etc....
  6. Yeahy

Pump action with slugs is where sh*t gets real.
  7. Shootybob

I didn't want to write a list.
  8. a-koo-chee-moya

That's not the point. The point is that lots of things will kill you a second or 2 after stepping out of spawn and that reason for nerfing PPA is completely unjustified.
  9. DorianOmega

Well that's a new one, a thread claiming X isn't OP but still needs a nerf, forumside is officially going nuts.
  10. a-koo-chee-moya

You know what's not new? Forumers only reading the title and posting something that will seem extremely stupid and embarrassing in retrospect.
  11. Shootybob

You seem to misunderstand what I was saying. Things that kill people more frequently out of the spawn result in more complaints calling for a nerf. I made no calls of justification.
    • Up x 1
  12. a-koo-chee-moya

Thanks for the clear-up.
  13. DorianOmega

Whats even worse is to assume I didn't read the OP and make a post assuming such, your reasons for nerf calling suck, your logic is lacking nor substantiated, you basicly say

"shotguns, am i right? and how bout them pump shotties!"

All the while your basically asking for a nerf based on your "theory" that the pump shotty could be OP but people are just too oblivious to realize it which is kind of insulting to the player base, so please with all do respect, shut the hell up.
  14. a-koo-chee-moya

Your assuming I want shotties nerfed...

Also, read disclaimer and please quote any places where I EXPLICITLY stated I wanted Pump Actions nerfed.
  15. DorianOmega

Your friggen' questioning the forums with this title:No calls for Pump Action Nerf?? as to why there isnt any pump shotgun nerfs, that within itself implies you want a nerf, no stupid disclaimer claiming you don't think its OP is going to change that, maybe choose a better title next time.

And you end on lets all use pump shotties to get the nerf train going! as if that would be cute or something, the whole thread could have easily been worded as, why hasn't there been any more calls pump shotgun nerfs? and gone with a basic line of questioning from there instead of list why it should be OP and QQ worthy....
  16. a-koo-chee-moya

"No calls for Pump Action Nerf'" Is not the same as 'Nerf PAs now pls OP". A disclaimer saying that I don't want a nerf explicitly is concrete.

Also, No calls for PA Nerf is the same thing as why hasn't there been. I was simply wondering why a weapon that could OHK added on to the fact that there is much rage against Shotties in general has not been subject to any nerf calls yet. Your inferring a lot from my words, aren't you.

Yes, the whole last bit was to be cute...

Finally, profanity is not exactly helping your case.
  17. DorianOmega

Its pretty much the same question for the sake of using a forum, its a direct line of questioning that will lead you to the same result unless you worded in the OP you wanted something in more detail, to which has been answered here plenty, the answer should not have surprised you...

You lacked conveyance of this overall point in your OP and adding another question mark to the title implies frantic questioning as if you want answers or change NOW which is common of nerf-now threads, you did not convey that you just wanted a simple answer, you came off like you wanted to see more useless nerf now threads on a weapon that's been nerfed plenty on top of your own seemingly want to nerf shotguns based on your loose wording, your now basically fighting with me instead of trying to resolve things and admit that your post may have come off as asking for a nerf, humility inst always a bad thing dude, even if I'm the ******* here (which im not, I want no more nerfs in this game that aren't needed like nerfing the pump shotguns even more as is what you are seemingly implying), you will look better in doing so, not like I'm targeting you or stooping to libel insults...

your throwing in this assumed logic that clearly isn't going to apply to everyone yet you act like it does, I see way too many nerf this or nerf that threads that have come off even more vaguely and indirectly worded then this thread on these forums...
  18. a-koo-chee-moya

Doesn't a second ? just mean more confusion?? Also, that's a lot to imply off a title that may have been thought up in a few seconds and/or is intended to catch the eye.

I'm apologize for being a normal, confrontative, human being. Now, back to the fight.
  19. lawn gnome

i have a simple nerf for all of the shotguns. stand about 20 meters away. unless they are like me and use the slugs and a 4x scope to turn them into a low rent sniper rifle, although that makes hip fire almost completely useless.
  20. KingHaz

I have under 300 kills to go with the Deimos and I really can't be bothered. Classic SOE way overnerfing. They are just complete junk now, every other shotgun is better. I don't enjoy using it at all, unless you've got the barrel in their back you're pretty much going to die unless they are a complete noob. I'd rather grab a stalker and try to auraxium the candy cannon, they're that bad
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.