No calls for Pump Action Nerf??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by a-koo-chee-moya, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikachu

There has already been lots of nerf calls but that was before the nerf.
  2. Edenwolf

3. ReformerTR

Pump actions need a buff
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

The rage happened about a year ago and they were nerfed into dumpster tier. Now they're so bad nobody uses them.
  5. Crayv

I see them on occasion.

They are rather bad right now. The first wave of shotgun nerfs was needed but the 2nd wave of nerfs should have been a re-adjustment rather than a flat out nerf. Now they are only slightly better in their intended range than things like SMGs and CQC carbines but far less effective outside of that range. Slightly tightening their spread and/or reducing the damage falloff would go a long way.
  6. Pikachu

Venu uses them. In every fight there's at least one deimos or phobos around. :mad:
  7. Malcmodnar

Pump shotguns are interesting creatures, and they do seem like they should be a wonderful target for Forumside.

As for why they aren't, I think that's because of their specific niche. Shotguns are weapons that focus more on positioning than aim - you don't have to be a great shot to use one, but you do have to know how to get close to your enemy without dying. Pump shotguns, however, also require good aim. If enough pellets miss the target and you don't get an instant kill, you will probably die.

It's the second half that, I think, makes them so uncommon. While an instant kill is nice, I suspect that most highly accurate players prefer weapons with much greater range, such as carbines or assault rifles, because they can reliably land headshots. This means that the players who could best use a pump shotgun are probably using something else instead, because using a pump shotgun means trading engagement range for a marginal TTK increase.
  8. BadAsElite

Pump Action shotguns are fine, fully automatic / Semi shotguns are not. They need a recoil nerf, meaning alot of recoil to control. Currently it's click, shoot and win with hardly any effort.
  9. Crayv

Except any other nerfs will put them behind SMGs and CQC carbines which are basically waggle hoses.
  10. theBigM

pretty sure if you got blasted with a shotgun you'd be done . so sounds legit to me
  11. Jalek

Do you just have a checklist of things that were nerfed a year ago and need to pad your post count with calls for additional nerfs on them? The forums often seem that way.
  12. Ronin Oni

But they reload fast so it's not as big of a deal.
  13. KnightCole

Well, ive been hit by a PA at point blank and been left with a sliver of health.....what causes that? The guy missed me with 1 pellet? Or was it NWA?

Either way, PA are annoying...probably to use and certainly to face.
  14. Alarox

In the right situations they're amazing. For general purpose you'll get demolished all day long.
  15. Bankrotas

16. drhead

I auraxed a Phobos. It was cheesy and fun. Mostly cheesy, but I have no regrets.
  17. Ronin Oni

I don't even need to look at the sheet to know for a fact VS has the fastest reloads.

Barely faster than NC, who do get higher avg dmg per mag due to bullet dmg avgs, but w/e.

Point is you can kill 2 with a carbine and reload pretty quickly. After running dry on pump action shotgun, it's reload 1 at a time.
  18. FieldMarshall

People are more worried about PPA these days, and it seems like Banshee is also trending as a fotm op whine.
    PA shotguns will probably come around the forums for a second pass of whining eventually.

RL primary, galaxy farmers and MAX spam is starting to die down, so maybe PA shotguns can take its place?
    There is just so much for people to cry about that you just dont know what will happen next. Maybe HA shields again.
  19. DramaticExit

Yep. They've got all the ingredients alright.

Personally, I don't think they are OP. I think they are cheesey as hell, but they're not OP.

There are issues with one hit kills in CQC. If the shotgun user has even an average ping, they can round a corner and kill you, while on your screen they have not yet appeared. You can be dead before you could possibly see your opponent.

That makes pump action shotguns annoying - but not overpowered.
  20. ronjahn

Bring back the pre nerf NC Claw. That shotgun was amazing before all shotguns got normalized across factions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.