[BUG] No Audio Driver Problem

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BloodArmoredApostle, Feb 14, 2019.

1. BloodArmoredApostle

I have had no issue since the last two weeks playing this game. I was playing this morning no problems and sound was working. However, later this evening I had no updates to my computer and now I cant hear anything from planetside 2 the only game I am having issues with. All the other games in my steam account work fine world of warships any other game you name it, but planetside 2 can't see my audio device and says "no audio driver" in the audio selection screen. Something is wrong, and I don't know what else to do to solve the problem. Sad I will have to quit the game if I can't resolve this issue.

I have even reset the OS to factory settings. My rig is a GT83VR 7RE MSI laptop, and I am working with support but I don't know what to do if anyone has any solutions I would appreciate it.
  2. Pelojian

i'd suggest downloading and reinstalling your video card drivers and then verify the cache of planetside 2 in the launcher.
  3. CptLegshot

Right... problem with audio - reinstall video drivers. Lol.

Download and install audio drivers from here
    https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GT83VR-7RE-Titan-SLI#down-driver&Win10 64

If that doesn't work (it should)
    Right click start
    Click "device manager"
    Open "Sound, video and game controllers"
    Right click on your audio device (Realtek HD)
    Click "update driver"
    "Browse my computer for driver software"
    "Let me pick..."
    And try any of the drivers listed there, obviously DON'T uncheck "show compatible hardware".
    You will probably need to restart after installing the new driver.
    If audio worked in the past 1 of these drivers
    will work
  4. AllRoundGoodGuy

Probably completely unrelated, but whenever I start a game windows sets the volume of the game to 0. I have to manually go into volume settings and adjust it.
  5. DeadlyOmen

Check Audio settings in game. Sometimes default device changes.