NMS Archer is a complete monstrisity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mausmane, Jun 21, 2015.

1. The Enigma

best anti-max anti-air gun ever
  2. DeadlyPeanutt

this one would seem to be a worthless weapon that no one will buy. wow, big improvement.
  3. Mausmane

This.

And as a max guy, this gun is even worse... And then I realize as a phalanx turret guy, ALL YOU SEE is a little tracer coming at you from an obscure location in the distance that you can't shoot back at accurately, and if you're not an engi you're basically dead. And the higby's got unlimited ammo so he can sit there all day.

Even with Mercys, you get caught in an open field vs. an unlimited ammo jumpy engi and you're basically screwed. kiss those nanites bye bye, it's an anti max weapon sure... But damn maxs should at least be able to defend themselves.

Make it slower firing by a tidbit, nerf its damage vs heavy vehicles because it's preposterous an anti-material rifle can hurt heavy tanks or turrets (turrets need some love man, they're sitting ducks...), boost it's damage vs. light vehicles (maybe then the harasser goons will avoid driving through hordes of infantry), and boost it's damage vs. infantry to something a bit more... believable.

THERE EVERYONES HAPPPY
  4. Diilicious

this is literally the only kind of thread anyone on this forum gives a damn about responding seriously too.

kinda sad
  5. Mausmane

Adapt or die
  6. Pomelo

I like the whole "The bullets are armour piercing and don't do well against shields"

If you shoot infantry that have had their shield depleted they will die in one shot.
  7. Blue_Shift

I really like the archer because it makes engineer truly a jack of all trades. An engineer can be anti tank, anti max, and anti infantry all in one setup.
  8. Gwlad

I'm not going to get into the argument about who good a weapon it is/isn't /should be...but for the love of (insert deity of choice) if it can't be used by snipers then please remove it from the 'sniper rifle' category and the 'sniper rifle' achievement, call it something else.
  9. HappyStuffin

Wait, was there a time you took this forum seriously to begin with? o_O
  10. Imp C Bravo

If the Archer could kill infantry in one headshot - it would be the best sniper rifle in the game bar none and there would be no need for any other snipers. It is already one of the best...
  11. task_master

2 second rechamber time, slow reload, low velocity, low zoom scope sway, less than perfect accuracy, and mounted on the engineer instead of the infiltrator...would be the best sniper rifle in the game?
  12. Kcalehc

My main beef with the Archer is, being specifically labeled as 'anti-materiel' its not terribly effective vs all materiel. It takes 2 rounds to destroy a tank mine, and 2 to destroy an ammo pack, even at point blank range... Surely that can't be right; especially when my knife can kill either in 1 hit (note: not generally a good idea to do this to tank mines).

A touch better velocity wouldn't hurt, but otherwise a decent weapon in it's narrow niche. Several working together are surprisingly good at dissuading enemy armor from advancing and taking down MAX's that strayed too far from cover.