Next person who cries to nerf X...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nehlis, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Nehlis

Show me your auraxium medal you've earned with it. For credibility sake.
    • Up x 3
  2. Alarox

Or you can just make a valid argument as to why it is broken and include recommendations on how to fix it.

I didn't need Blueshift Auraxiums to tell you that ZOE was broken.
    • Up x 13
  3. Bape

Majority of the whiners only get like 20 kills with it and be like "see it op".
    • Up x 2
  4. BobSanders123

You don't need to be a five star chef to complain that the salad you ordered had six bags of salt in it.
    • Up x 11
  5. Nehlis

I've seen someone try to argue that the jackhammer is op because, theoretically, If you've managed to land all pellets at 60 meters with burst fire it would one-shot infantry. I'll pull up the link tomorrow, since its 4 am right now. The game definitely could use work in the balance department, but most of the time legitimate argument is drowned out by whine. I never said I was against nerfs. I am against immature irrationality. I'm asking for someone to provide evidence to their familiarity of using a weapon for credibility concerning argument.
  6. trustedaid

No but you aren't a 5 star chief until you can whine that there are two pinches of salt too much (because you can actually tell the difference).

Conversely, you can't whine about a weapon until we have seen you have CONSIDERABLE time with it or a considerable amount of kill streaks (that aren't from farming new spawns or AFK's).
  7. Nehlis

You do have to be an acclaimed food critic to say that the salad is any good and have your words taken seriously, however.
    Likewise, you can say your weapon in ps2 is awesome or crap, but unless you have credibility you can show it doesn't come off as anything but whining.
  8. trustedaid

Well to be fair the Jackhammer is outperforming the MCG by a wide margin and the Lasher by so much that you'd think the Lasher was some kind of joke gun that was there for giggles, and not meant to be useful.
  9. ColonelChingles

And if you thought that then you'd be completely misunderstanding the role of the Lasher.

Friendly fire.

:p
    • Up x 2
  10. Akashar

Actually, all 3 have their niche and it's no use to compare them. A jackhammer can not lose in CQC against anything, and that's the point. But lasher gives opportunities of squad gameplay, and MCG have potential beyond simply being a bullet hose. I like all of them, I'd say, stop nerfing / buffing things, just add new things more different like lasher and see how it plays.
  11. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Honestly, you can judge a weapon just fine by just looking at it's stats.
    Until the directives hit and I wanted the Beetle, I only had like 5 Auraxiums total, and now that the number is growing a bit, I still haven't really learned anything about the weapons I didn't know already.
    And even when I have a weapon with 1200 kills, I will probably disagree with 2/3 of other people who also do, because I use different tactics or have differing preferences.
    Oh, and in the past I gained an Auraxium with the Shredder while not even using it, and having less than 10 kills with it.
    That's been corrected by now I guess, but a few months after release, if one were to go after medals, I would have counted as qualified for such an argument when I sure wasn't.
    You see if someone has an idea of what he's talking about by how he talks about it; and to be frank, the players you're hoping to address won't read this thread.
  12. Alan Kalane

Yes, definetly.
    You see, instead of playing the OP weapon some players avoid using it. That's wrong. You should use it as often as possible, get auraxiums with it, record videos and put them on the forums and destroy pubs. If everybody switched to VS to play ZOE MAX when it was OP then I'm sure it would get instantly nerfed and not after 6 months.
  13. DramaticExit

You do not need to be a chef to notice differences in taste.
  14. Tito

15. Nogrim313

lasher despite its low kill # is easily my favorite weapon, while it may not turn the tide with kills it certainly is responsible for some of the best vanu pushes when its being used correctly. the lasher is probably the only one that actually fills the role of a support weapon
  16. Ragnarox

Nerf ZOE its op. Killing Flashes with ease. Too OP.
  17. Linus

Well then let's talk about a famous exemple:

After having played with the PPA a lot lately and having gained the auraxium medal, i could say that the PPA is working a bit too well at long and very long range, but it could be a bit stronger at very close range (I find it ok like that anyway).
    Increasing the CQC aspect and decreasing the long range spam may solve some frustrations.

This is a simple feedback from long hours of use.
    However most of the people who complains about it, are victims and they have not even searched to test this weapon before to complain.

Like many others calls for nerf, people usually try to express their anger and their frustrations rather than a constructive feedback so to make the game more enjoyable for everybody:
    " This thing has some flaws. Here you express your analysis, but to base it only with statistics is limited. What are those flaws precisely? What are the aspects of the game which enhance those flaws? What could be the constructive solution to solve or to limit those flaws?
    Is it necessary to make this thing weaker or is there any better solution to try to balance it by decreasing an aspect and by increasing another? "

It is always bad to mix the feeling of selfish comfort and the feeling of fairness and balance.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ol' Brownfists

While we're nerfing X, can we also nerf Y and Z, they're at that shady end of the alphabet and therefore obviously OP. In fact can we nerf O and P too?
  19. Flashtirade

FTFY
  20. DrBash00

The main problem are the different classes of player. For advanced teamplayer the vanu rocket launcher is a REALLY good weapon, for a lonley wolve it is crap....

Would SOE buff the weapon, it would probably get OP in teamplay situations...
    So balancing is not easy, and also the question should everything be balancced?

Why can not have 1 faction stronger XXX whyle the other faction have stronger YYY