Newbies invasion?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sghignifiss, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Sghignifiss

I don not play a lot in this latest period, just 3 or 4 hours in the past week (in Woodman), but I think I saw quite a strange evolution in player populations. Maybe I'm just wrong, but it seems to me that in my server my faction (=TR) is at the moment the most populated, but mostly by newbies. Do not misunderstand me, I don't have anything against newbies, they're always welcome and I like to often give advices on how to play and help people to know where to go and what to do.

The problem here is quite different, since if a specific faction has a majority of newbies than other factions, it is quite natural that the newbie faction will lose quite always every battle (despite players numbers), just by a playing experience factor. For example I've noticed more than before a quite common tendency to stay in a defensive position and do not move from there. This behaviuor does not bring victory, it just delays a sure defeat.

This is not so good, as if someone always lose I think there could be three possibilities:

1. (rare) keep playing and losing
    2. change faction and join the winning guys
    3. (I think more common) stop playing

First hand evidence: yesterday evening I fought during an Amp Station alert. We did not own any Amp Station so we (=TR faction) decided to try conquest at least one on Indar. There was a HUGE battle with tens of vehicles and aircrafts of ours, against an equally big NC army. We not only lost all vehicles in a matter of 30 minutes, but even got pushed back from the nearest base we came from. The result was that quite everyone logged out, we remained very few against an overwhelming enemy. There was no challenge enymore and everyone left the game. Even in other continents there wasn't any fight anymore from us. With no figths in sight I sadly logged off, too.

TL;DR

It seemed to me that yesterday evening I played with a big unexperienced zerg. And I fear it's been the new player redirection system that has caused it. If all new players are redirected to the least populated server/faction I think this could be the result.

Do you agree or I've just seen things the wrong way?
  2. Chipay

you forgot that most of us have all been new players that were fighting against tons of experienced players, yet we're still here aren't we?
    • Up x 1
  3. Sghignifiss

I know this, but I think we should take in consideration that before the redirections changes there was quite the same probability that new players go in one faction or another. All faction had (rightly) new players that sure fight against experienced player but were also supported by the right numbers of veterans of their faction.

I'm not saying that is bad to make a new player fight against experienced player. I'm just saying that in the past two sessions I played I didn't see the TR winning a single battle and that is quite strange. Maybe it was just a concidence, but this is what I saw. If you say it is not going like I said then ok, I'll play a little more and see what happens.

I'm not complaining about loosing or playing with new players, I enjoy playing anyway if there's a fight to go in, but I recently saw bad things like a lot of people logging out all toghether after losing quite easly two or three battles in a row. That brings not having fights anymore and IMO this is not so good.
  4. faykid

cpt. Obvious reporting: yes, it is the redirection system, and new recruits will get better, but some will leave, and hopefully we will have 33/33/34 one day

imo TR are still very strong, and will get only stronger thanks to new blood. what happened was probably bad luck. also, NC are dangerous when they consolidate into a single force, but they don't always do that
  5. uhlan

4th faction, 4th faction, 4th faction, 4th faction...
  6. Tobax

It's not 4th faction its new players.
  7. Menelek

I think i was in that battle you are describing ( NC side ) and you did alright, new people will improve, people logging off may be for other reasons.
  8. uhlan

And how do you know they're new players? with the ability to make multiple characters per server and faction, who's to say?