Newbie TR infiltrator.......advice please.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by DynamyteD, Jun 23, 2015.

1. DynamyteD

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere if so just point me to the thread but got a quick question. Is the Rams sniper rifle worth the spend or will the M77-B be good enough to roll with for a while? I'm really stuck on which to have.
    Any feedback on these two weapons will be greatly appreciated........or a point in the direction of an existing similar thread.
  2. MisterSlim

My best advice: Head over to the VR training room and see which rifles you like the best. Most people strongly dislike the semi-autos (I'm personally not a huge fan of them myself), and have their own preferences when it comes to bolt-actions. Head to VR and get a feel for their velocity and bullet drop, along with picking a scope level that feels right for you. I prefer the NC's Railjack and the Longshot (that sound and bolt cycle anim <3), with a 10x scope. You may prefer the TR's TSAR-42 with a 4x scope, or the RAMS .50 with a 12x, it just depends on you, your playstyle, and what you're comfortable with.

I also recommend that you click the link in my signature to the Sniper's Guide. I tried to keep newer, and thusly likely less aggressive players, in mind when putting it together. If you have any questions, or need any help, then feel free to PM me (or any of the other veteran snipers you see lurking around), we tend to be pretty helpful folks.

-Stay Frosty
  3. DynamyteD

WOW....... That's an amazing job you did with that link in the signature. Thank you for putting that together. Will check out the VR training room too. Front runner is the RAMS but will try everything out. Thanks for the advice.
  4. MisterSlim

Happy to help, and thanks for the positive guide feedback. If you want to know anything else, then feel free to shoot me a PM. Good luck!

-Stay Frosty
  5. lusandar

To be honest, it's best to change the 99SV as quickly as possible if you plan to snipe at long range since have to shoot multiple times to get a kill leaves you standing still and decloaked much longer than a bolt action sniper ever will.

Hence, it's best to get the M77-B as soon as possible since it's the cheapest bolt action sniper but it's one headshot kill range is very limited compared to the RAMS .50 which should kill in one headshot at all render ranges as opposed to around 200 meters for the M77-B. I'd simply suggest, provided you don't have 1000 certs to spend right now, to get the M77-B first and save to get the RAMS after. The 100m/s extra bullet velocity of the rams make it much much easier to manage drop if you aren't used to it and the extra speed means enemies are much less likely to walk out of the bullet's trajectory.
  6. Ximaster

TSAR-42 is a good medium bolt action sniper rifle,u have the advantage with that rifle to not moving the aim scope while u aiming. U notice that while u aiming with ur started sniper rifle ur aim scope moves,well,for TSAR-42 this doesnt occurs. I have the equivalent in NC side,the SAS-R,i personaly prefer the Gauss SPR but when an enemy touch my balls i get the SAS-R and i kill him. Its easy and fast kill.
  7. HamOnRye

Like Ximaster has mentioned I would actually obtain the TSAR-42 first. It is good for learning how to snipe and then later its good for pushing your skills as a sniper. Its a weapon that will always stay useful.

Run it with straight pull bolt, suppressor, and 4x (with chevrons).