Newbie engi with a few questions...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by kasuke06, Jan 24, 2015.

1. kasuke06

1: Can other people use engi turrets? I put them down when I can, but life of an engie is constant struggle between need to keep suicidal maxes alive, not being killed, and using enough of my own ammo to justify carrying so much that I have extra to give to people. So I rarely have time to actually use it unless it's a heavy defensive against a zerg.(but it is so, so satisfying to see the enemy scatter and scurry!)

2: Can I place more than one eventually? If the first question is yes, then It would in theory help to have more than one of these beasts available for others to use.

3: Are stickys good? they seem good mostly because I bounce regular grenades off people more often than not.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
  2. Wonabe

It would be:
    1)No
    2)No
    3)Yes
    And also last level of ammo pack upgrade gives you ability to place 2 ammo packs simultaneously.
  3. kasuke06

1) Dang
    2) Also dang
    3) Woo!

Sweet, I get to do my two favorite jobs: fix the heavy armor, and ammo guy.

only support role I normally play is ammo guy. Don't have to worry about hoofing it through a warzone, running up with a medkit just to watch the guy despawn. Just toss it down, yell "ammo is here!" and then go back to shooting guys. and fixing those maxes.

Seriously. why are they so suicidal? I mean I understand that engies are awesome and just knowing one is on the team makes people weep manly tears of joy, but you still need a breather when you're at 10% armor. Not-a-doctor's orders!
  4. Akashar

Maxes are not suicidal, they try to breach enemy lines, and as long as they are not in a squad or platoon, they are not coordinated so their efforts often fall flat.^^
  5. Pfundi

I personally run my Engie with a SMG, so I can take advantage of the AI turret at medium ranges.
    Also that thing works great to block doors. Just place it there, that will give your mates cover (you do not need to be using it).
    I also heard that the AV turret is a must have, but I cant say anything about that so far ^^
  6. Onhil

I'm not so sure about the AV turret being a must have anymore it was when it could shot outside the render distance for infantry so tanks had no idea where they where hit from. It's max range was then nerfed to 450m and now it's supposedly gonna be nerfed down to 200m with the Ravens with it
  7. _itg

I think he means a lot of individuals who play MAX are suicidal. As in, they run away from their pocket engi with almost no health and then get blown up instantly, when they would've lived if they had the tiniest amount of patience. I've seen it happen a lot, myself. I guess a lot of casual MAXes go mad with power or something.
  8. Akashar

I have no explanation for this behavior^^