[Suggestion] -|||| New weapons need to feel new ||||-

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LHeureux, Dec 9, 2012.

1. kyre5

2. xen3000

I have a sinking feeling that they look the same because they are purposely holding back the variety for later when they have little or no stat variations left for new guns... Eh, bump for more varied gun models.
  3. NakedFury

I can find more weapon models in modded games and they aren't paid to work.
  4. Zeke342

I don't know if anyone has said this already or not but they stated in the past the reason for weapons being so similar, in most cases identical, is because all the different weapons are tough on rendering and memory usage.

I believe sometime after the patch in January for optimization we will start seeing NEW weapons, and hopefully redesigning many of the old ones.
  5. ZoSoGetsu

6. Vashyo

I think the old ones are fine as they are, since they're empire specific models they're prolly more likely to look quite samey cause of standardization lore-wise.

But would really like to see some more Nanite Systems weapons and maybe some other manufacturers weapons.
  7. ZoSoGetsu

Then they should all have the same name, with just different model designations. Every name should be carv/cycler/trac with the numbers or letters at the end changed. A carbine called an LC2 Lynx should not be identical to a shotgun called a Haymaker. No lore should allow for that blatant of a copy and paste. Models should be weapon specific, not empire specific, otherwise we dont feel any sense of progression when we get a new weapon that looks and sounds the exact same with only a few performance changes.
  8. Blaf

+1 to this topic.
    Whats even worse, some guns (e.g. CARV and TMG-50) have different thumbnail, but the ingame model is the SAME!
  9. LHeureux

Not only that, some weapons icons show a different color, but they're still the same.
  10. LHeureux

Needed bump.
  11. LHeureux

12. LHeureux

Hi LHeureux
  13. Makora

I find most insulting is that there are 2 versions of the base weapon. Like the T1 Cycler, has a T1B that is the exact same gun just nerfed into having single and burst only. Then there's the T1S that has all of the above (full auto, burst and single shot firemodes), AND can have grenade launchers attached to them.

What is the purpose of the standard and the B variant if the S variant (that costs just as much as the B) has way WAY more versatility and can fill the roles (if there are any) of the B and standard.
  14. Esxraptor

Because you've fallen into the upgrade/sidegrade trap

You fail to mention the other slight variations.... between models ie reload speed etc.

Therefore the main thrust of the thread falls down. Major or minor variations in graphical rendering matter? Nope

I, for one, don't spend hours, minutes or a few seconds posing for my mates/outfit so they can admire my "gun". Takes all sorts though :)

If you could identify your enemies weapon at 150 paces would it make you go weak at the knees and run away?

You paid SC/real money for it ?.... tough. You get a preview... you press the buy/purchase button.
  15. LHeureux

1. You see your gun 90% of the time in a FPS so it's cool to see new ones

2. It indeed helps to see what the enemy has

3. The previews/icons don't work correctly
  16. LHeureux

So what's up?
  17. TheBloodEagle

OMG when do we get this?

[IMG]
  18. FlayvorOfEvil

I agree, it's like playing a MMO RPG where your Infinity+1 Sword or Excalibur looks just like that training sword that you got at the beginning of the game.
  19. Makora

No, I misunderstood me. This has little to do with the looks (though that is also a secondary issue) but that one of these weapons completely negates the purpose of the other ones.
    It's a SC/Cert sink, that's it.
  20. LHeureux

Hey wazzup!!