New weapons are out: post your reviews!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Snotgurg, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Snotgurg

2. Flarestar

New sniper rifles that are mostly useless due to infantry rendering scaling issues, hooray!

The carbines I'll take a look at. Faster firing rate in general with the Vanu weapons is... well, not exactly the buff I'd have been looking for. The NC one sounds like a welcome addition. I have no idea why the TR one exists at all, the last thing they need is a highly accurate hip firing carbine, they already have a huge advantage in close combat due to ROF + accuracy.

Really though the question on all of these is going to be, can they mount an underbarrel launcher. I don't use the grenade one much but I can't see giving up the smoke launcher for any of what those weapons state unless they're absurdly OP.
  3. Swiffle

INCOMING SUPPRESSION FIRE EVERYONE GET DOWN

no jk, i shall reserve my thoughts until I get a hands on trial.
  4. Jawa

Why do weapons always have to look the same?

I know it's not that important, but it would be kinda nice if they weren't just hardly noticeable reskins
    • Up x 2
  5. Raap

Can't log in yet... Cash shop only weapons? They cannot be unlocked with certs?
  6. Skaldir

Cool another CQC carbine for TR, seriously can't they give us something for mid-long range ?
    • Up x 2
  7. Mootar

A long range carbine for the NC? excuse me while I rush to buy that so I can own it up as an engineer in all the large open plan bases.

OH WAIT....

Now we just need a point blank sniper rifle and our arsenal will be complete, good call on giving the TR a rapid firing CQ weapon, it just what they are lacking atm:confused:
    • Up x 3
  8. Gambles

I know brilliant isn't it?
  9. Millsy

Oh my gosh, game only been out for 2 weeks and already upping the game selling more stuff :rolleyes:
  10. eviL

the new bolt drivers are 1 hit kill? even if it is not to the head?

edit: okay they kill the shield and about 50% of the HP if you hit them wherever.
  11. SneakyPete

Yeah NO KIDDING!! Like the TR needs another weapon that can shoot me down faster than I can blink. Really SOE?? Really?
    • Up x 1
  12. Chiss

All of your carbines are mid-long range already. Just hold shoot.

Try using a NC Carbine, they can't hit an elephant past 25m.
    • Up x 6
  13. breezy808

Uhh that weapon looks the same as all the other weapons. why post a picture?
  14. Antagonisten

Are they really just reskins of the same old boring models, AGAIN? I was really excited that we'd get some new neat weapons, but what's the point if they all look exactly the same? Do it like the medic, make them look different!
  15. Garrix

I see the Longshot, but no new carbines NC side. Herp Derp update?
  16. Metalsand

I play mainly TR, so as soon as I saw that, I was like
    SCOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm going to ruin some people as light assault some more. :D
  17. MobileAssaultDuck

I use an AX-11 with the 2x red dot and I actually have very little issue counter-sniping with it.

Takes a shot or two to figure out the drop at range, but after that I can keep harassing people at the very edge of my render distance.

Most NC weapons on semi-auto are very good at range.
  18. I Keel You!

I'm so mad right now... I spent 1000 creds on a GD-7F like <2 hours before I saw this announcement.
  19. Uncle Coord

the Longshot is just a reskinned LA80 massive waste of money/certs.
  20. MartianDiscoFish

So the new VS carbine has a faster TTK than the VX6-7?
    :D I gotta try me that weapon!