New Weapon

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by MoonMan123, Feb 1, 2017.

1. MoonMan123

I am looking at getting a new primary for my medic, I'm not going ot get it yet as I need to max my medic gun and armor still, but I like to think ahead. I have been looking at the TAR and the TRV as well as the NS-11A, and was wondering what one other medics would suggest, as I am getting tired of the stock gun for TR.
  2. T.A.94

First at all Hi there

Actually you cant do anything wrong in purchasing the NS-11A it is the all around assault rifle which is playable in most scenarios. If you dont know what weapon to go with use this one cause it has

access to high velocity as well as softpoint ammo
    access to forward grip, laser sight (,flashlight)
    access to suppressor, flash suppressor and compensator

TAR and Cycler TRV I cant help you there cause I am used to be a rebel scum sry there;)

only thing can tell you is I preffer TRV more in close quaters while TAR works there also as well at mid range in my oppinion.

hope I could help
    • Up x 1
  3. DemonicTreerat

Don''t have a TR medic so can't comment on the various options that are available (aside from NS weapons obviously). But one thing to keep in mind is if the AR offers the option for an underbarrel grenade launcher and its smoke version.

First, it gives us the option to carry something useful for breaching a room, adding to the defense of a choke point, or hurting a tank while still being able to carry revive grenades. A plus is that, unlike other grenades, these can be resupplied from an ammo box.
    Second, and more important in my book, is the option for the smoke version. I've found that, short of killing everything in the room, a smoke round lobbed in after the revive grenade will be the recipients enough time to get to cover instead of being gunned down as soon as they pop up. Plus smoke is a great way to cover a rush, mark a target, and just be a general pain in the rear by forcing the other guy to move if he wants to not be firing blind.
    • Up x 1
  4. WaffleMonster

When it comes to AR, tr have it really good. As somebody mentioned above, the NS-11A is a solid choice but it has the weakness of a longer theoretical ttk than most AR's.

For cqc, Cycler TRV, TAR and torque are all phenomenal weapons. TRV has the quickest ttk (unless you can chain headshots with the torque at point blank), TAR has a slightly lower (but still extremely high) rof than the trv but has better hipfire and has the 0.75 ads movement trait which some people love. Most players tend to struggle with the recoil of the TAR more than the TRV though so try it out in VR.

As for longer range options, the T1B (burst rifle) is arguably one of the best weapons in the game (due to insane accuracy, minimal recoil combined with cqc like ttk) however it is very similar to the stock weapon so you might not want to go for it if you are already bored of the T1 Cycler.

For range, the sabr-13 is also pretty good (not quite as good as the t1b though). IMO the S variant of the T1 sacrifices too much to get an underbarrel option that in itself is very weak unless paired with an engi's ammo pack.
    • Up x 2
  5. Lord_Avatar

You can't go wrong with any TR AR. The deafult T1 Cycler is an awesome all-rounder, as is the TORQ. The TAR and the TRV melt faces in CQC. The SABR is a med-range laser cannon, as is the T1B (albeit with a different flavour).
    • Up x 1
  6. Eternaloptimist

What Lord_Avatar said.

I have TORQ9 for close to medium and SABR13 for long range. The TORQ is arguably not the best CQC AR in the TR arsenal and TTK is a bit low but it makes up for that by being effective at surprisingly longer ranges as well as CQC.The SABR wins narrowly over the T1B for me becasue 2 burst seems to involve less recoil / bloom misses at very long range than 3 burst.

Mind you, there have just been some changes to AR damage tiers and I'm not sure what effect they will have. From the patch notes, very close range ARs seem to have the smallest increase to tier 1 damage range (5 metres?) and a bigger drop off in tier 2 damage.

I'm going to play around with the ARs that have UBGL soon. I normally prefer higher RoF weapons but I miss the frag 'nade even though running with the rezz 'nade is awesome for additional xp.
  7. Lord_Avatar

I haven't dug into the patch notes so far, but a 5 m increase in max damage range is *huge* - the equivalent of SPA.
  8. Eternaloptimist

Never thought of it like that...........and some ARs have had much bigger increases (especially the SABR :)) . I wonder what
    the crying about nerfing ARs and LMGs is about then.................
  9. Pinkpuff

They weren't given a boost to max damage range at all. They were all penalized at min damage range.
  10. Shocky

stock gun is really the best on TR imo, but it is all on what ranges you want to specialize in, for longer ranges go for the saber-13 for shorter ranges TAR TRV or TORQ. for a replacement well rounder NS-11A. for even shorter ranges shotgun or any SMG all of them are good tho the PDW is slightly longer range then other SMGs. and lastly the best of both T1s Cycler as you can have and underbarrel one hit [except on damn heavys] shotgun, the grenade launcher is useless and the smoke launcher can be a good or bad for your team depending if they have HS/NV scopes
  11. Lord_Avatar

I see. Thank you.
  12. Lord_Avatar

Nada. Unless it got a buff the Failstorm is crap.
  13. Eternaloptimist

Correct, that wsa my bad for misreading the patch notes. But the min damage ranges have been extended and the SABR in particular has a much longer min damage range.
  14. Dualice

Sound advice - generally anywhere you go from the T1 Cycler (apart from the TORQ, which fills a similar role) is a specialization for different ranges. The TAR is a great combo of mobility and rate of fire. If you want all-out DPS in close-quarters then you'll love the Cycler TRV (I know I did!), but its lengthy reload times are definitely something to be aware of.

I still swear by the SABR for many situations, I haven't actually played the game since they tweaked its accuracy stats recently, but on paper it looks like it should be even more laser-like than ever. The T1B is also very nice indeed since the burst-weapon buffs; I can't speak extensively on it, as it's the only TR assault rifle I haven't auraxium-ed.

The NS-11 is accurate, versatile, and reloads fast, but is balanced by sub-par raw DPS and a yawn-inducing NS aesthetic.

SMGs might be tempting to save your certs, but honestly any assault rifle you care to mention will be a superior weapon.
    • Up x 1
  15. Dualice

Sorry for double-post, jumped on for a bit earlier tonight and the SABR is indeed even more controllable than ever. Lovely stuff.
  16. Lord_Avatar

Right, I forgot to mention the NS-11A. Dualice pretty much nailed it though; if you are a good (head) shot then this gun works like a mescaline smoothie - mellow, sweet and gets you laid. If your aim is all over the place, however, so will be your brains, since the DPS just isn't enough to carry you through an engagement.
  17. Dualice

Haha, excellent analogy.

One more point for OP about the NS-11A, it shares the 0.75 ADS movement speed of the TAR.
  18. Deffington

When I was deciding between TRV and TAR, TRV seemed to be more controllable and TAR more into hipfire. But from those I tried, I enjoyed SABR the most. Excels at mid/long and hipfire in face to face situation isn't bad at all. You just have to click... If you are more into shortrange weapons, I believe you will like both TAR and TRV.
    • Up x 1