New Weapon Cert Prices, are a Higby Shame and a direct kick in the Balls to everyone who plays PS2.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AmericanEmpire, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmericanEmpire

875 Certs for weapons that used to cost 250 certs? Daybreak games, you all have made me consider to cancel my subscription. I dont know what you all were smoking when you thought up that idea. Not playing a game where you have to spend WEEKS / Months just to fully upgrade a Higby weapon.
    • Up x 2
  2. Kristan

Buy cash. Else get over it. They need to make money out of their game, you know. If you don't bring money to the game they owe you nothing.
    • Up x 2
  3. qiray12

Ehm who cares? Just play more or buy less guns you only can wield 2 so you dont need 15 in your arsenal.

This was comming long before these posts of you had trouble just watch the pts changes if you dont do that just deal with the patches that came on live.
  4. Liewec123

while i agree that freebies have no right to complain, higher prices WILL make them get bored and leave,
    and that will mean less fun for us paying players since there is less to shoot at.

this game only survives because we have lots of enemies to shoot at,
    the past few abysmal patches have dropped the population of Cobalt by 25%
    (1200 on average at primetime at the start of april, now less than 900 during primetime) and it really shows in the gameplay,
    these small scattered fights are not worth the subscription i'm paying.
    they should be desperately seeking ways to get the cannonfodder freebies to stick around,
    not scare them away with raised prices.
    • Up x 4
  5. RykerStruvian

1. Subscription is too costly vs. the value for most people, I think.
    2. Increasing the prices just makes people less likely to buy. It's pretty much one of the most basic things of economics. If they're increasing the prices, they're saying the money they make from doing that will get them more money than getting more people to buy them at a lower cost.
    3. Its a monopoly. DBG controls the supply since they're the only group selling the virtual goods.
    • Up x 2
  6. Kristan

I think there is no reason for them to sell things at lower prices just to have at least some money income. IRL if you buy a cheap thing it most likely won't last long or you would want to get something better, so you go and buy that thing again. At PS2 you buy a weapon or cosmetic... and it doesn't go anywhere. It stays here. And as long as people bought what they need, they won't buy anything else.
  7. RykerStruvian

Would just make more sense if they made none of the guns unlockable through money purchases and only cosmetic items. Would get people to subscribe and there would probably be more conscious decisions made when people purchase new weapons with certs. But the whole mentality they had was 'play it your way' even if it really translates to 'read the forums and buy the flavor of the month before we nerf it'.

it's just a big fat scam. :\
    • Up x 2
  8. OldMaster80

Wtf are you talking about? Ive been playing since beta as casual player, I have only 1 character lvl 80 and even if I don't have a sub I don't know where to throw my certs: I have more than 5000.

And you cry because you have to spend 400 or 500 certs more or because for the first time you might be in need to pay sonething?
    • Up x 1
  9. AxiomInsanity87

Lol weeks/months. What game is that or are you just that bad.

New players won't know any better

Existing members know how to farm or they have sub.

Remember how hard it used to be to get certs? Did we cry about it? No.

NON ISSUE!.
  10. Campagne

I agree whole-heartedly.

Now that anything can be bought with money, for new players, things can seem very hard and out of reach if they aren't willing/able to pay for them out of their real pockets. Even garbage like the Mag-scatter costs 1000 certs!

I think that it hurts the gameplay for a lot of people.

As for the "it's a business, they need to make money" argument, I urge you to count the number of BR 15+ players that don't have custom skins/armour or vehicle decals or whatever. They're making a killing already.
    • Up x 1
  11. AxiomInsanity87

People love the game. There is nothing like it so they're happy to pay.

It really is a non issue. We're all here and played when certs were much harder to get but we're here. Certs are now handed on a plate and with sub it's crazy.

It's totally a non issue.
  12. RykerStruvian

Do you have a different account? Because it shows you made the account you're posting on in April of 2015. I know plenty of people who started this game with me either in the beta or shortly after release and most of them quit. In other words, what you're saying isn't true. If anything, I'm the last person still "playing" and haven't bought anything since November.

Not everyone quit specifically because of PS2, but a lot of them did. Can't really make sales if people aren't playing your game because they're unhappy. And Smed's recent post, with him practically on his knees, says otherwise about how 'people love the game'. And actually, a few of those who did quit PS2 went back to PS1.
  13. AxiomInsanity87

There's always a percentage of people who have really short attention spans.

This is my ps4 alt and i'm in the closed beta.
  14. RykerStruvian

They didn't have short attention spans. You're just talking out of your butt. They didn't like the game and they went back to playing PS1. If someone has played a game for almost 10 years, it doesn't mean they have short attention spans. It means they didn't like what got pushed out.

You already made a generalization once and you made another one. You're full of ****.
  15. AxiomInsanity87

If i'm full of sht then you're full of salty ****.

Smed said recently that they're going to delver on meta so chin up and maybe some of those patient players will come back eh?. The game is supposed to be around until 2025 and they left already not even 4 years in. I'd say that is very impatient lol.
  16. Atis

New players know other f2p mmos, where 15$ per month either allow them to roflstomp free players or give them access to buttloads of handcrafted content, not just 4 poorly made maps and few copy-paste guns. PS2 already looked bad as FPS, now it looks bad as MMO.

Smed said so many things in his CEO life. Believing his words tells alot about you.
  17. Campagne

I disagree.

The servers are often rather barren, with mostly small skirmishes and one or big battles in the prime. Not a lot of people openly say "I love PS2, and I want nothing more than to play it for the rest of my life." In fact most players just complain for valid reasons instead.

Yes certs are easier to get now, but that is counteracted quite nicely by needing upwards of 2x the certs than before. Especially when one needs certs to buy new weapons, attachments for those weapons, upgrade one of two abilities, sprinkle some certs on top of a vehicle or two, etc.

Certs are stretched quite thin when not complemented by cash deposits.

The supply went up, but so did the demand.
  18. AxiomInsanity87

If people would prefer other mmos where they can roflstomp then that's their choice isn't it. You can force people to like something and ps2 isn't going to be for everyone. There is nothing like ps2 anyway so it can;t be compared to anything else, yet.

Yeah he has but with the recent things actually in the works that you can check yourself, there's no reason not to believe it this time.

Disregarding all the stuff that is happening tells me a lot about yourself. You're entitled to your opinion but when you can see change happening, it's usually a good idea to take note of it and cut the crying.
  19. AxiomInsanity87

A fair point but new players don't have past experience to gauge anything by. Not all servers are like that, only briggs as far as i know.

If people really like the game then they'll get membership or spend. I hate to say it as i spent a sht load on ps2 on pc but it's evident that the ps4 is where it's at now for ps2. I'm sorry if you're a fanboi and that displeases you but it's really obvious, hence why i am now on the ps4 as well.

It actually runs pretty damn well as well. It hovers between 30-60fps which is bad but everyone is running the same so it's bearable. The textures and graphics are a mix between high and ultra. with the shiny effects, shadows and lighting set to what looks like ultra.

It will do well as there's been nothing like it on console which will hopefully be good for the pc. All the crying recently is pretty short sighted with everything that's going on and the ps4 version in the works. It couldn't really be much worse a time to get salty i reckon.
  20. Campagne

Miller is pretty empty a lot of the time.

New players don't need anything to compare with if they're being squeezed until they burst and leave, or surrender and lighten their pockets. You can tell being shot is bad, even if you've never been shot before.

Yes, if people really like the game, then they should get a membership. The thing is, there's not a lot of reasons to like it anymore.

I think you've jumped the gun a little bit there, but I'll admit, I don't plan on buying a PS4 anytime soon. But a different operating system isn't going to change the game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.