New VS armor colors on Test Server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Riftmaker, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Jac70

I like it, especially the Infiltrator. That guy who is doing the camo project is gonna shoot himself though.
  2. UKAvenger

In my opinion a bit unnecessary. I know this isnt PlanetSide however as this is PlanetSide 2 teal and purple are the vanus colours. Red Black TR, Blue Yellow NC. Not even enough purple (primary colour) in the PS2 Vanu models? They basically look 90% dark grey now.

[IMG]

If we are deviating from this, hopefully they will change the NCs sandy looking clothing to black, like it was in PlanetSide and add in more yellow to our armour to compensate. Br14+ yellow NC's was nice at the time but perhaps a little bright for this game. Sub BR14 or BR25 style (black+blue+gold) would go well considering how dark the TR and VS are by comparison.

Ref:
    [IMG]
  3. Ryko Nailo

Personally I'm just glad the 'Superman briefs' look is gone, that annoyed the crap out of me. But I'd really like to see ya know more purple back on the suits. I do like the new camo pattern too but frankly we need more faction color on all sides showing and less camo, it's rather silly how effective camo can be simply because there is so little faction color showing. And really I know I'm VS and we wore tons of black in PS1 but this is way too much, we will be freaking invisible at night if not wearing camo and by day also invisible IF wearing camo. Faction colors exist for a reason, please add more to it, camo on or off. And do the same for all factions.

Do like how the infiltrator is no longer the odd man out colorwise atleast though.
  4. SinerAthin

You will never be safe from us at night :p
  5. Zaik

hey op, nobody has any damn idea which side is old or new unless they read the whole first page, don't you wish you could edit after 30min?
  6. Jac70

It's easier to tell the VS apart from the other factions due to their shape. I would expect instances of FF are greater between TR/NC as when they are in a camo it is harder to tell the two apert. Once faction specific animations arrive it will be easier still.
  7. Serval

Only the left side had the new "<Class> Certs" button.
  8. Goretzu

It's strange they didn't do progression like that, was good in PS1.

I guess selling camo would take a hit though.
  9. NDroid

I'm glad the light gray was darkened, having fewer teal highlights and as Ryko Nailo said- that they removed the "Superman look". I do think the Medic, Engineer and LA could use a bit more purple- it is the defining empire color after all.

While this is a step in the right direction, what we really need changed is wearing armor instead of spandex- those early screenshots with carapace armor looks amazing and it would fit the lore much better. Of course that would mean new or at least significantly changed models. Higby did mention those are coming eventually but it seems like they are a long way off. Hopefully they won't be SC only when they do come out though.
  10. Ghosty11

Yay! It's about time. This has bugged since buying my first camo and composite armor. Now if we can get the decals to show with the composite armor all will be well.
  11. Riftmaker

As it has been pointed out you can see the new UI and the old UI. And the old models have been around for so long i thought it was pretty much pointless to specify which is which.
  12. Chiss

Meanwhile, NC infils still GLOW IN THE DARK.
  13. Demyer

To me it looks more like before/after comparison then new/old.
    As in that's how VS used to look before someone took the time to add light gray/purple/teal details to the texture.
    Maybe it looks better with composite armor, but right now i prefer the old look.
  14. SinerAthin

It's never pointless to make a plan idiot-proof ;)
  15. innersphere1

But really how u can call a camo OP... its a ****** color man use Q button and camo is useless, but is useless even without Q
  16. TintaBux

Good change.
  17. Zenith

Not bad, but I'm not sure about the HA, looks like they took too much teal away from the upper armour.
  18. Zakuak

Nice!, wish they'd cover up some of that lame blue on the NC soldiers now.
  19. VSDerp

i hated the grey so all black fine with me.
  20. bodmans

we will be shadows... you better watch your back